Game Crash / 3rd time I post / Will it ever be solved?

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Randomly during a game, it crashes.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game
  2. Play
  3. Pray to be able to finish

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The game wouldn’t crash

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

The game crashes without any screen, it closes without any message or error. I hope I was able to attach one of the record games correctly.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

MP Replay v101.101.44834.0 @2021.02.09 113015 (1).aoe2record (5.0 MB)

2 Likes

If this is only happening since the January patch you can try removing affinity from first CPU core in task manager, that has worked to mitigate the problem for a lot of us crashing since then, it will probably drop your FPS by a lot though (task manager, right click AoE2, click Details, right click again in Details list, set affinity, uncheck one or more CPU cores)

If crashes started from before that patch ignore my suggestion, it only fixes the crashes for people getting them since then - depending on how many cores you have and how powerful your CPU is the frame rate drop can make game unplayable too so it might not help you anyway depending on your CPU specs

If this does work for you it has to be done every time the game is started, can do in the main menu before you start a match

1 Like

Hello, fellow victim

the most helpful thing you can do is reach out to our support team so they can work with you one-on-one:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/requests/new

Please do your best to provide the following details to them:

In the meantime, the team is looking at the information they have to determine whether there is a common cause amongst everyone: be it antivirus disruptions, game file issues, or hardware/driver issues that interfering with the launch of the game.

Hope that this will be addressed soon is all that’s left