- Build: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- Platform: Steam
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Gamertag: warus974
Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.
I am experiencing crashes. The nature of the crash is a sudden come back to Desktop, with sometimes a quick freeze in-game happening a second or 2 before the crash, but not always.
List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!
It is usually happens either:
- on game loading
- after a while in the game (usually 20-45 minutes)
I mostly (95% of my games) do multiplayer ranked games (2v2, 3v3, 4v4).
There is no obvious pattern of reccurence, it can be fine for 4/5 games in a row on some days, and others it crashes every 2 games , or every game.
Here is a list of fixes I tried, unsuccessfully:
- checking the files integrity;
- uninstalling and reinstalling the game;
- playing in windowed mode;
- playing without an external screen;
- installing the C++ libraries, ‘vc_redist.x64.exe’
- changing the game graphics settings
- restarting the game in between consecutive games
Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.
This google drive contains 4 files:
- 2020.06.12-18.34.55.txt --> log of the last game crash (timestamp at the start of the game)
- AoE2DE_s.mdmp --> log
- DxDiag.txt --> diagnosis of my machine
- MP Replay v101.101.37906.0 @2020.06.12 180014 (7).aoe2record —> replay of the game that crashed, associated with the logs above…
I am really hoping you can do something as I tried everything and it has been happening for months now.
Thanks a lot,