Game crashes into desktop while in the Main Menu - No error messages

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **Build: 37906
  • **Platform: Steam
  • **Operating System: Windows 10
  • **Gamertag: Grakao

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

After a while doing nothing in the main menu, the game just crashes into desktop with no error messages. It just closes itself out of nowhere.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Not much to say about it, it appears the game randomly exits to dekstop if I stay a while in the main menu screen, usually after navigating through other stuff.

Last time It happened after I left the Campaign menu and started looking at my profile.
Before that it happened when I was browsing Multiplayer, then campaign, then back to the main menu.

This random crash started to happen after the latest hotfix (37906) and never happened before (I would definitely know, since I tend to be AFK a lot while the game is in the main menu screen). No changes in my hardware, software and ISP.

:arrow_forward: ATTACHMENTS

Here’s the last log file generated from my logs folder (notice the exception thrown at the end):
2020.06.08-20.28.39.txt (7,3,KB)

Here’s the dxdiag file:
DxDiag.txt (86,4,KB)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

The minidump file following the last crash:
https://srv-file16.gofile.io/download/sCaRR8/AoE2DE_s.mdmp

Bump.

Added a log file with an exception seconds before the crash.

Thank you for the additional details. It looks like there is a new Windows build available, which would be a good starting point. Likewise, make sure you have the latest graphics drivers for your video card, as outdated drivers could cause crashes in the game.

When I hear back from the team, I’ll let you know if there’s anything else we can uncover! Thanks again for the report; let me know if anything changes in the meantime!

One more profile that would be useful is the “minidump” that is created following a crash. You should be able to find the file in the installation directory of the game, and should look something like this:

• AoE2DE_s.mdmp

If you could upload it to a file hosting service and share it here, I will get it passed along to our QA team for review.

Thank you!

Thank you for the response.

I’ve added the dump file as a downloadable URL in the OP as requested. Please let me know if you find any download issues.

Also, all my drivers are up to date. I’m gonna install the latest windows 10 update (from 1909 to 2004) and see if something changes.

1 Like

I have updated my Windows to the latest version and I did some testing to see if the crash persists, and it does.

It happened just minutes ago and again, when I left the campaign menu and opened the profile screen.

The updated minidump file:
https://srv-file9.gofile.io/download/zYyDeu/AoE2DE_s.mdmp

The latest log from minutes ago:
2020.06.10-17.56.58.txt (6,7,KB)

Updated dxDiag.txt file after the Windows update:
DxDiag.txt (76,2,KB)