Game crashes to desktop 50%+ of the time when loading into a game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44725.06116729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 - Latest updates completed / Latest Drivers installed
    1080TI / Ryzen 2700X - 32GB 2600Hz RAM - NvMe 1TB + SSD 500GB

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Crash to desktop - no error
Windows Event Log shows nothing.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY) - Possibly more. This issue is also occurring in-game too when I do eventually get into a game - straight crash to desktop - it has become unplayable with this frequency of crashing - started since lords of the west update.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Try to start a game
  2. If you do get in game, continue playing.

I do not notice any instances in game which guarantee the crash, it is sporadic.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Not to crash to desktop

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Windows will not capture a screenshot, so cannot attach a screenshot, It is essentially a frozen loading screen which displays all the player names and civs on the left prior to being in-game .

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

It says users are not permitted to upload files - if a support agent emails me I can email back the replay file.

:arrow_forward: SUPPORTING NOTES

I do not see any issue with my hardware, have no issue with other games, bottlenecking, overheating. I want to add that I did not suffer from the issue prior to the update with lords of the west either.

:arrow_forward: ACTIONS TRIED

I have done a general reinstallation of the game, disabled antivirus - checked all drivers - issue still occurs.

2 Likes

I have this same issue, but basically just with Sicilians so far as I can tell

That’s hilarious because I have been trying to play ONLY Sicilians :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: