Game crashes when clicking resource tiles (e.g. stone/gold mine)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.50700.0 7006804
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
During the game, clicking on a resource tile can cause the game to freeze for a few seconds then crash, showing up as a disconnect for the opponent. So far, I have only experienced it when clicking on gold or stone mine tiles.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a game
  2. Midway through the game, click on a stone/gold mine tile
  3. Crash

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The game would not crash.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
I can’t take a picture of my game crashing. Nor can I provide a video because it’s not a bug I want to happen.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Crashed game 1.aoe2record (1.7 MB)
Crashed game 2.aoe2record (3.9 MB)
Crashed game 3.aoe2record (1.8 MB)
Crashed game 4.aoe2record (1.9 MB)
Crashed game 5.aoe2record (2.0 MB)
Crashed game 6.aoe2record (1.6 MB)

Thanks for the report! When the game crashes, it should create a file named AoE2DESteam-50700-[date and time].mdmp. You can find it in “C:\Users\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs”. Could you please check if you have any of those files, and upload the latest one for us?

Ayudaaaaaa

This is the latest - matches the game file named ‘Crashed game 1’

AoE2DESteam-50700-2021.08.03-00.26.17.mdmp (392.0 KB)

1 Like

Thanks, that’s exactly the file we needed. The dev team are tracking this problem.

1 Like