Game crashes when creatingmlobby

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When I create a lobby the game crashes. Even after reinstalling the game the it still crashes. Deactivating Mods etc. also does not help fixing this. Furthermore when I create a lobby my old nickname is set as default. I can create party in ranked or Quickplay though. It is also possible for me to enter lobby games.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. click on create lobby button
  2. the waiting screen appears
  3. the game crashes

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I could create a lobby without causing the game to crash.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

As can be seen my old nickname is displayed. My current nickname is Shifu.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

sometimes the game crashes when I change the name of the lobby to

I think this might have something to do with the japanasese characters in your name (mostly because you can’t change your name and no one else seems to have this issue)

We fixed that bug. The problem was the Japanese name of the lobby. Since my steam name was written in Japanese katakana the lobby name was also automatically in Japanese Katakana. For instance if Viper creates a lobby for the first time it is named ‘Viper’s Game’. We could also not change the Japanese part of the lobby name (see in the picture). For changing the default name ultimately we restored a game (that worked for me) and set the name to any random name. Then the default name of the lobby changed and finally I could create a lobby.