Game Crashes when launching custom game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: steam build id 7006804
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When entering a custom game scenario with units and buildings spawned in. cannot choose colors properly. (ie when players 1 and 2 in lobby player can only pick red and blue) colors are locked to slots unit another player joins, There reason I’m putting this here is because i think it is linked to why the game is crashing immediately after everyone clicks ready and starts the match.

Also worth note we had no such issues before the July 7th patch

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. friend made a private custom game lobby.
  2. friend choose custom map with units all ready put in the map
  3. we all joined.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Pick colors properly and game would start.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
i was streaming when it happened i linked the time in the description when the crashes started, took us about 30 min to figure out a work around.
Crashes begin around 1:03:56

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like