Game crashes when opening editor files that contain certain corpse objects

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The game crashes when I try to open any scenario file in the editor if that file has certain corpse objects placed somewhere on the map.

The specific corpse objects causing the problem are any that have the Trailing Unit ID #1252 according to AGE. Some examples are KONNIK_D, IVAYLO_D, Khan, Cuman Chief, and Tsar Konstantin.

I’m trying to add all of the corpse objects next to each respective unit in my map that shows all of the units & objects that are available in AoE2. This is the map I want to add them to: Modder Map - All Units and Objects in AoE2

Shoutout to @PsychoticSock1 and @duyhung2h for helping troubleshoot this problem.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open a scenario file in the editor and place any corpse object that has Trailing Unit ID #1252 somewhere on the map.
  2. Save and close the file.
  3. Re-open the file in the editor. Game will crash during the load screen every time.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Game shouldn’t crash by having corpse objects on the map.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Example of the update I’m trying to make for my Modder Map. I want to show each unit with its corresponding corpse right beneath it in organized rows. Most corpses don’t cause any problems I’m aware of, but the ones I mentioned above crash the game during the load screen when trying to open the file in the editor.

Here is a screenshot from AGE showing the list of corpse objects I’m aware of that cause the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Can’t include a replay because the game crashes during the load screen. I’ll include one of the crash mdmp files though.
AoE2DESteam-59165-2022.03.14-17.11.27.mdmp (350.8 KB)

1 Like

Just following up; I have several bug reports open at the moment.

Hi @CADiMaster !

Thanks for this, we are now tracking this issue!