These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.61591.0 8647032 (Update 61321)
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11
When in the lobby setting up a co-op game of Suryavarman I #4 (Challenging a Thalassocracy), if you don’t have the Dynasties of India DLC and you try to switch from player 1 to your ally (the Dravidians), the game crashes.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Load AOE II DE without the Rise of India DLC loaded
- On the main menu, click “Cooperative Campaigns”
- Choose Suryavarman I and then “Challenging a Thalassocracy”
- Wait for the lobby to open
- Click on the player number to switch it from Player 1 to your ally’s player number
The game will immediately crash.
- The player switches to the player controlling the Dravidians and can continue the scenario as usual
- An error message appears saying that the player can’t be chosen unless you install the Rise of India DLC
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
- Crash log: AoE2DESteam-61591-2022.04.30-22.41.27.mdmp (1.3 MB)