Game crashes while playing Hausa

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.38524.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
While I’m playing the Hausa (this has been both in historical battles and mutliplayer skirmishes) the game crashes around 20-25 minutes in. It doesn’t freeze up or stop, the game just closes suddenly and immediately without any warning.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open skirmish/historical battle
  2. Choose Hausa
  3. Play

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
**I might be able to complete a game as the Hausa without a crash.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
It happens suddenly each time, I feel like a picture will provide no additional info here.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
I don’t have one unfortunately, the game didn’t give me a chance to save before it happened.

that happend when u use the Griot, at leats for me…

3 Likes

Hi @juicypasta99, the crashes related to the Hausa civilization such as the Griot unit has already been reported and is being tracked by the development team.

2 Likes

Hi @juicypasta99, thanks for your report! As commented above, this could be due to the Hausa Griot unit. We’re tracking an issue where the Griot’s actions can cause crashes in certain languages.

For reference (and future readers on this topic) the affected languages are:
Portuguese
Spanish
Turkish

If the game is still crashing when set to a language not listed above then please let me know! I hope this information can help for now.

2 Likes

My game crashes when I tried to create a deck for Hausa in the military section, I guess one of their military units isn’t properly coded and causes this problem. I’m a Turkish player but I’m using English language.

Okay cool, I don’t think I had used any griot units but hopefully that’s the problem

Okay great, sounds good. I don’t use griots but maybe I slipped one in without noticing. Thanks!

Okay, I’m a US player using English so this won’t be affecting me for now at least.