:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

game crashed frequently in every 20-30 min in game

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

6 out of my last 8 games ended up in crash

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

start the multiplayer game and play , preferably with african civs

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

game was not supposed to crash

things tried to fix it but nothing is working.

1. latest driver version already installed
    2, hardware requirement checked .
    i have nvidea 2070 super with ryzon 3700 , its more than sufficient to play this game
    3, checked integrety of game file.
  2. reinstalled the game .
  3. reinstalled the graphic driver.
  4. ultimate performance power plan activated.
    7.graphic card is not overclocked , its setiing is not altered .
    8 . tried window troubleshooter .
    9 window is fully updted as well.
    3https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/d3d11-error-game-crash-only-multiplayer/165266
2 Likes

the description sound like some coding error in game which cause gpu to stop responding

My exact issue as well… I have 650 plus hours on the game, most multiplayer. Unplayable now.

I did everything you did and make sure in the Nvida control panel that the game was using the graphics card instead of the Intel chipset.

I also turned down all the game graphics settings.

This used to happen just in game, now it happens all the time in the game lobby.

Frustrating! Hope someone can help!

I am on DirectX 12.

Thanks

Me too on directx12 , it doesn’t matter what graphic settings u r playing , turning down or turning up graphic settings seems like doesn’t have any impact on this issue .

Hello @VagrantBloom811, thanks for your report. I have collated the information you provided to the existing ticket we have for D3D11 errors occurring.

1 Like

Finally figured this one out for me. For some reason my laptop was using INTEL graphics instead of NVidia. I changed the display setting so it had to use the NVIDIA card with a lot more memory. 4 GB. Been running smooth all day, but that was two months of frustration. Hope this helps someone else!!!

1 Like

My game crashed because my laptop after a warning of low battery (30% left), so the energy might spared the GPU but the game instantly freezed before the crash. I don’t know if OP plays with a desktop or laptop but…

Hello, Breadalus! I also have this problem sometimes. Follow a print to help track the problem:

Every time I try to play first campaign and hit Begin, game crashes to desktop.