Game do not open

When i want to start the game, a black windows open then close after 5 seconds. And that´s it. Anyone else having this problem? I did not have any problem with the beta.

1 Like

Are your graphics card drivers up to date?

Yes, but ill check again. Some days ago i was playing the beta no problem.

Also try the Common Issues Troubleshooting here: https://www.ageofempires.com/support

I am having similar issues.

I pre ordered the game a week ago (apparently it is installed). How do I access the game, there is no desktop shortcut. I have to log on to the windows store and launch from there.

Once launched and I go to the main menu. Every time I click on one of the menu’s such as single player or setting. It sends me to the desktop and a link pops. This official site.

I did manage to try to start I single player/ skirmish game (got lucky) but the game just stoped and went to the desktop.

Q: I pre-ordered the game, and I am having issues launching the game!
We have received reports that some users may run into issues when launching the game if they are on a pre-release / Insider version of Windows. We’re actively investigating this issue, and will update when we have a solution!
Some users have had success uninstalling and then reinstalling the game, so we recommend trying that in the mean time!

Maybe this is the problem. My internet is slow so i can not download it again fast. Shame.

How do I uninstall the game it is not in control panel?

Thanks for the reply.

I am re downloading and installing it; tell me how you go. Lets hope this fixes the issue.

@“Greek Basileus” said:
How do I uninstall the game it is not in control panel?

You can either right-click on the app in the Start menu and click on on Uninstall or go to the Settings app under Apps and uninstall the game from the list of Apps & Features.

Same problem for me in Argentina. I pre-order the game and is not working.

If a developer see this, can you give a fix that do not involve download the game again, please?

Yes, I also have this problem. It closed itself after 5s. The beta run fine on my PC.

@PilotArt782883 said:
Same problem for me in Argentina. I pre-order the game and is not working.

@titdara said:
Yes, I also have this problem. It closed itself after 5s. The beta run fine on my PC.

Try opening Windows Store and going to the Age of Empires Definitive Edition app page. Probably you will need to download the whole game again (if it doesn’t start automatically, click “Play” in the app page)… I don’t know why, but downloading the beta needed 17,2Gb, but all those Gbs are not usable for playing the full, released version of the game, so we need to download all those 17,2Gb again in order to play the full game.

Same problem here in Brazil, i tried to restaure the game on App settings, but nothing happens.

@Ekvedoj @Hohlenwerger @titdara @PilotArt782883

First try resetting the app as outlined here:

If the problem persists, try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter (Be sure to run the latest version if prompted):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/windows-run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If you are still experiencing these issues, please post an event viewer log:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766401(v=ws.10).aspx

Guys it has not launched yet thats the problem., it is 11:50pm, it launches at midnight in 10 mins.

Re downloaded and installed game; works perfect. Thanks for the help.

Have a GG :slight_smile:

Having the same issue. Beta launched fine and worked (almost) perfectly. Now my pre-order game won’t launch. I know the “solution” is to re-install, but in South Africa re-downloading a 17GB game can be rather expensive!

I also can’t run the game and no solution found here worked for me. I get the title screen, then it gets black, and then it crashes. I’m indeed on an Insider version of Windows 10 (current Slow Ring 17074), hopefully they’ll be able to fix this soon.

Event Viewer says (in German, sorry):
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: AoEDE.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5a81bd7d
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: AoEDE.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5a81bd7d
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000317ef0

If I click in the left side of the game window all the time, I get to the main menu screen and hear music before it crashes.

have the same issue click play get a black screen for couple off seconds and its jumps to appstore