Game do not open

Still doesn’t works after reinstall, download free app, desactivate antivirus etc.

i have the same problem, does anyone have a fix yet? pausing a free download did not fix it for me.

@scotFNharvath said:
i have the same problem, does anyone have a fix yet? pausing a free download did not fix it for me.

Your GeForce 8400 GS does not support DirectX 11.

I’ve got a 1070 GTX, and the same problem …
I don’t think this issue is related to the GC.

Yeah, I Got GTX970 and i cant runt it second week after release… what a shame…

same problem.
Works with my desktop, but at my laptop i tried everything but doesn’t. Already sent my logs to microsoft and waiting…

Updated today to 1.3.5147.2
Still not able to lanch game but now it says…

“CreateFontFileRefecrence_Failure”

“Could not initialize DirectX Renderer. Please make sure that the video card supports directx11”

Dxdiag says i have directx12

Any advice?. I’m trying to play in a macbook pro 2013 with bootacamp with windows 10 obviosly.

Also tried all possible solutions (keyboard, download game, language,…)

Graphic card is Intel Iris 5100 with drivers form october 2017 (20.19.15.4835)

FYI, I had the game installed on drive E:, reinstall and the same splash screen and then it crash, after that I changed the location to drive C: and Reset the game on windows settings and now it works!

Same problem. I tried everything, steps from support page, re-downloading, re-install in different drive, send email with reports, etc… but still crash after couple seconds.

@agalbeno said:
Same problem. I tried everything, steps from support page, re-downloading, re-install in different drive, send email with reports, etc… but still crash after couple seconds.

i make same as you and when i start SP… game crash and open Store…

@PCS70 said:
There are workarounds, like starting and pausing a download from the MS store.

This worked for me. This is so fkin stupid. I mean… it keeps failing and a simple “download” in the store fixed it. It is annoying. At least I didn’t have to redownload and reinstall 17 Gbs worth of game data.

MICROSOFT PLEASE ADD A “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES” option or something…

Hi guys!
I just created an account and dont have right to create a new thread, so i post to here, hope i can find a solution for my problem.
I installed this game on my Asus laptop P550L, game could run in window mode, but i tried do enable full screen mode then game could not open any more, i have tried to reset game date, with i believe the game will open in window mode as the first time, but not, game still not open.
I resolves this problem by created another account on my laptop, logon to that account then logon to xbox live, then can play game in window mode.
But i then faced another problem:

• The game graphic runs normal if i choose old type (in singer player, choose game type as old version - 1997),
  • If i choose new type (DE type), game starts but i cannot see some units clearly, please check screen shot:
    //drive.google.com/open?id=1zQ5uzC-oShTkp2wGBB-CnAEdIiYY_Ltn (please add https: before link)

Any advice for my problem?
Thanks!

@NarrowBugle7297 You can try to use Alt + Enter to switch back to Windowed mode. This is a generally supported key combination to switch between those modes for almost any program or game.

Regarding your error. I would check your BIOS settings. If HT (hyper threading) is not enabled (Intel VT) you don’t have 4 cores (of 900 Mhz each). Also your Intel Core i3-3217U Processor running at 1.8 GHz (with 2 physical cores) does not support turbo boost. The integrated Intel HD 4000 will suffer performance wise a lot for sure missing the turbo boost. You could try again by first lower some of the graphics detail options through settings. If it stays black you should be able to use Alt + Enter again to switch back to windowed mode and so fort.

4 GB memory is really low for this game especially without dedicated graphics card, but then again your resolution is low too, just 1366x768 (720p).

There some serious ghosts running around in your AOE DE game at the moment. :smiley:

I hope this info helps you some. Best honest advice is to buy a new laptop though.

Game has been working fine ever since beta, then out of the blue, does the crash to desktop with no errors at all. The free app trick worked this time.

Bought and installed the game about 4 days ago. Played a few times (with graphic deficiences, yes, but played, the letters were just transparent, not much of a problem), but after the last update i just can’t open the game anymore. There are 3 messages that show up:

1 - the first says that i may have poor gaming experience for my video adapter doesn’t reach minimum requirementes (wich it does).
2 - the second says i may have a poor gaming experience because they’ve detected i’m using the software WARP driver.
3 the third is the error, wich says: “Impossible to start graphics system. Check/certify if your video adapter and drivers are compatible with DirectDraw”

Just want to know why i could play before and now i can’t >:(

@“Jovem Cerejo” said:
Bought and installed the game about 4 days ago. Played a few times (with graphic deficiences, yes, but played, the letters were just transparent, not much of a problem), but after the last update i just can’t open the game anymore. There are 3 messages that show up:

1 - the first says that i may have poor gaming experience for my video adapter doesn’t reach minimum requirementes (wich it does).
2 - the second says i may have a poor gaming experience because they’ve detected i’m using the software WARP driver.
3 the third is the error, wich says: “Impossible to start graphics system. Check/certify if your video adapter and drivers are compatible with DirectDraw”

Just want to know why i could play before and now i can’t >:(

This is my story as well. Most unfortunate.

When I try to start up the game, it says my display and video drivers may not be compatible with Direct Draw. Now i go searching through and I have Direct Draw installed updated and everything. It is even listed under my Graphics card. Help please. I have a NVIDIA GEForce 9600 GT

I need to RE_DOWNLOAD the game EVERY DAY, otherwise its not starting!!

MS-STORE BIGGEST JOKE EVER!

@scotFNharvath said:

I solved it by downloading any very small game in the Store, like Solitaire Collection, which given my slow 6MB ADSL connection is a boon and when I install one of those it launches. This never happened the first week though, it was after the latest patch.

Oddest procedure ever! And I like the MS Store, it has many gems, but that’s so odd…

edit: I then uninstall the small game I just installed and reinstall it when needed if AoE doesn’t launch the next day. Sigh… A bit of a hassle but AoE DE is soooooooo good