Game do not open

Hi,
see here response from ES_MattP Dev - Forgotten Empires: www.reddit.com/r/aoe/comments/7yriax/make_a_mega_thread_for_aoede_troubleshooting/duj9hqx/

They probably already know the issue, in any case some support info:
I preordered, could run Beta before, even still today (SP, MP disabled, but game running). I can’t launch (I see loading screen for 1 sec, then it disappears) release version. I will wait for the fix, I don’t want to download again.

Event viewer:
Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.MSDallas_1.0.4994.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
“317”
Happened while starting this command:
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MSDallas_1.0.4994.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe” -ServerName:App.AppXk5nq8fm9836s7v2wt0ddnryrptdfb1e5.mca

Hi, having similar problem, tried all suggestions. Can start game, load campaign, but when click on play, screen closes and goes to shop. In Australia, pm my time, on 20th Feb.

I have the same problem, I pre-ordered the game 2 weeks ago and now it doesn’t even launch A DCOM 10001 error is logged in the System Event Log: Unable to start a DCOM Server:

Microsoft.MSDallas_1.0.4994.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
“317”
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MSDallas_1.0.4994.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe” -ServerName:App.AppXk5nq8fm9836s7v2wt0ddnryrptdfb1e5.mca

Guys, I found a workaround and managed to launch the game. It is pretty stupid, but I should have expected to be this way. Don’t need to delete the game, reinstall it or other troubleshooting steps. You just need to start downloading any free application from Microsoft Store (I used Asphalt 8), then you can pause the download and you will be able to launch AoE-DE. It looks like it’s an old and well know issue with Microsoft Store, I found the solution on a link that I cannot paste here (the forum doesn’t allow me to do so), it was for the same error encountered 3 months ago for a game called Forza Horizon 3.

P.S. Microsoft, please try an fix it for good so that we will not have the same problem with future apps.

@Torusache You’re right! It works :slight_smile: Started download of free game, paused and now it runs!

I’m with same problem already reinstalled it but still the same here is the event log:
Nome do aplicativo com falha: AoEDE.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5a81bd7d
Nome do módulo com falha: AoEDE.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5a81bd7d
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Deslocamento da falha: 0x0000000000144350
ID do processo com falha: 0x24d4
Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d3aa37a6bf13f0
Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MSDallas_1.0.4994.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MSDallas_1.0.4994.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe
ID do Relatório: 25dc4bca-b57d-4327-bccf-c7b534bb43e0
Nome completo do pacote com falha: Microsoft.MSDallas_1.0.4994.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha: App

@Torusache didn’t work for me. hope it works for others as would be a simple fix to play the game that you have paid for by starting a download on a free game…

Nothing in this tread helped. Please find a fix NOW

Mine does still not work after using both the Guide from Age of Empires Support and from Microsoft Support.

My event log reads:
Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.MSDallas_1.0.4994.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
“5”

I am also having no luck playing AoE:DE

I’ve downloaded the game. It’s installed. I can open the game fine. Althought somewhat laggy, I can navigate the menus and open the settings and single player menus etc. but as soon as I start a game, it crashes and opens up the Microsoft Store app on the AoE:DE page.

My pc is a high end gaming PC. Windows 10, i7-7700 overclocked, 16G ram, NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics card.

I’ve spent the last hour on live chat with microsoft support to no assistance.
Anyone else having the same problems as me and found a fix?

Cheers

@SneakMcDaddy said:

I’ve downloaded the game. It’s installed. I can open the game fine. Althought somewhat laggy, I can navigate the menus and open the settings and single player menus etc. but as soon as I start a game, it crashes and opens up the Microsoft Store app on the AoE:DE page.

My pc is a high end gaming PC. Windows 10, i7-7700 overclocked, 16G ram, NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics card.

Cheers

Oh, and I’ve reinstalled it 3 times now. Restarted the computer several times. I’ve made sure windows is up to date. I’ve reset microsoft store and AoE:DE. I’ve made sure that the firewall isn’t an issue etcetcetc. Same issue!

@Hohlenwerger said:
Same problem here in Brazil, i tried to restaure the game on App settings, but nothing happens.

yeah, same problem here, i’m from Brazil too.

@SneakMcDaddy said:

Cheers

I would say if you could try not to overclock and run the game to see what happen.

@WilliamWololo said:
I would say if you could try not to overclock and run the game to see what happen.

Nah, no change.

I’ve been offered a refund by Microsoft. Declined. Just want it to work.

@Torusache said:

Guys, I found a workaround and managed to launch the game. It is pretty stupid, but I should have expected to be this way. Don’t need to delete the game, reinstall it or other troubleshooting steps. You just need to start downloading any free application from Microsoft Store (I used Asphalt 8), then you can pause the download and you will be able to launch AoE-DE. It looks like it’s an old and well know issue with Microsoft Store, I found the solution on a link that I cannot paste here (the forum doesn’t allow me to do so), it was for the same error encountered 3 months ago for a game called Forza Horizon 3.

Thanks. It works!

@Torusache said:

Guys, I found a workaround and managed to launch the game. It is pretty stupid, but I should have expected to be this way. Don't need to delete the game, reinstall it or other troubleshooting steps. You just need to start downloading any free application from Microsoft Store (I used Asphalt 8), then you can pause the download and you will be able to launch AoE-DE. It looks like it's an old and well know issue with Microsoft Store, I found the solution on a link that I cannot paste here (the forum doesn't allow me to do so), it was for the same error encountered 3 months ago for a game called Forza Horizon 3.

Didn’t work for me :frowning:

Hello, I have a problem with the game on the menu page when I want to play it tells me a message: please wanna play a few moments, sync with the xbox live and soon finish. Can you help me please

I downloaded the game yesterday, OK. When midnight came, i tried to play and the game does not opened, show a little window and close five secs later. OK. I uninstalled the game to redownload, but now the download does not starts, goes to erro tipe. OMG.

Fix it please, or this is some kind of test ? I saw what you guys are doing here =D

@Hohlenwerger said:
I downloaded the game yesterday, OK. When midnight came, i tried to play and the game does not opened, show a little window and close five secs later. OK. I uninstalled the game to redownload, but now the download does not starts, goes to erro tipe. OMG.

Fix it please, or this is some kind of test ? I saw what you guys are doing here =D

Now the download started again, lets see what happens (sorry for my english).