Game drops before the game. 1v1 ranked

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.61321.0 8595115
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Game crashes 1v1 ranked when opponent has a new civ.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

2/2 today (first experience with new build)

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create account without last DLC.
  2. Go 1v1 ranked
  3. Select random CIV
  4. Wait until matchmaking is done
  5. Opponent has to select one of new CIV (seems it is important, when opponents use old civs, everything is ok)

Application will drop before the game starts.

After restarting, the app will ask me to send report .

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The game should not drop out.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

No messages. Just drop out. Window was. Second after window is closed.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

It happens before the game.

1 Like

Hi @CeratedCupid745 !

Do you still have this issue?

1 Like

No. Seems, with new patch it never happens. Nice)

Current Version 101.101.62085.0 8752729

At the time of the launch of the rating game (much more often I play 1 against 1, probably there was one time in the group game) at the time of the start of the card \ game, flies to the desktop with a frequency of about every successful game or after two successful games so that I do not even see on the monitor the moment of the appearance of the map, without any warnings, more often I play in Arabia and sometimes the Arena falls out. An off-the-grid rating with a population of 300+ and 8 players in the game works as an example perfectly. THE PC is normal, the memory is 16 gigabytes, outside of this failure the game works great, the problem started about 2 months ago, maybe more, maybe less - it’s hard for me to say. I’ve been playing this game on this PC since its release and it was just as great. I can’t absolutely play because frequent crashes have led to bans and a drop in rankings. I’m asking for help. I reinstalled the game. Free space is available. SSD drives only. The MS visual studio was updated. (sorry if google translate created inaccuracies)

GAME ASSEMBLY 101.101.62085.0 8752729
GAME PLATFORM: Steam
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
The game crashes 1v1 with a rating when the enemy has a new civilization.

FREQUENCY: every game, every two, about

My steps:

I go 1 to 1 by rating (maybe 2-2, 3-3)
Choose any CIV
Wait until the matchmaking is done
The app will crash before the game starts.
After restarting, the application will ask me to send a report.

MP Replay v101.101.62085.0 @2022.06.26 100520 (1).aoe2record (318.8 KB)
MP Replay v101.101.62085.0 @2022.06.26 162650 (1).aoe2record (319.6 KB)

Please pay attention. Thank you.

Hey @MidwaySoap96981

Thanks for your report.
You probably have done this already but just to make sure you have verified your game files through aom2de properties, local files, verify …

If the issue is not fixed, could you please send us your .mdmp logs for your crashes? they can be found in :
“C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs”

1 Like

Yes - checking local files did not fix it, after which a complete reinstallation of the game did not fix it either.
And could mods create such a problem? If yes, then why doesn’t such a failure occur in a large, multiplayer game, but not in a rating?
Thank you.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/mkvb/vWqqHXsmh

Hey, thanks for the logs. could you tell us which one of the .mdmp files in the logs folder is the one related to your crash? Since you added your entire logs folder.

You could try without any mods to see if the issue still occurs. if the issue then does not occur anymore, try filtering out the mods that might cause the problem.

These logs are exactly related to the problem under discussion, they correspond to the above attached tracks

I can’t check the influence of mods instantly, I need to play several games in a row.

It looks like the problem was in the mods, if the opinion changes, I will write. Thank you.