Game freezes and crashes as soon as I hit Feudal Age and select blacksmith to start building

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.5558.0 (#71094) 0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The game simply freezes and dies when I hit Feudal and select the hit the blacksmith hotkey (Select villager > Q > S).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start 1v1 ranked game
  2. Get to Feudal age
  3. Try building blacksmith

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The game goes on normally.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
The whole game freezes, not allowing any screenshots etc.,.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

It’s possible this happens only on Arena. I played one African Clearing ranked game where this did not happen.

Hi @Mattification
What’s your GPU? Do you have an Intel Iris?

I have an Nvidia RTX2070 Super. This is an Alienware Area 51m r2, if that helps. I played one game last night that worked properly.

I recommend you to follow some steps:

1. Can you try to verify your files in the Steam Library? Age of Empires II → Right button → Properties → Local files.

2. Can you try to disable your mods? And restart the game after that.

3. Can you try to close as many programs as possible before starting the game?

4. Can you update windows and graphic card drivers?

If none of the above fix the issue, check if there were mdumps files generated. You can find them here:
“C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs” and have this format “AoE2DESteam-58115-2022.01.19-15.05.33.mdmp”

You can use gofile.io to send the files :slight_smile: