Game freezes following new update

Just installed the new update and now every time i load a new campaign game, the game freezes at the very beginning, when i click on anything a blue loading icon appears and then the game crashes. happens all the time for every game. Any solutions for this? The game was working perfectly fine prior to the update

10 Likes

same here :(, i dont know whats happening

Me and a friend have the exact same issue, we need a solution, i already bought the expansion :frowning:

2 Likes

Are you trying to use the new civs or campaigns? cause that is a protection method until tomorrow, they are only available for MP, any Sp will crash to desktop.

I tried to play cid and wallace campaing, didnt word.

Tried online with friends in random and either work.

1 Like

Usually my game doesn’t crash, but my second game playing 1v1 ranked with the new patch and dlc crashed. I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence.

1 Like

Normal campaigns, the old ones, any of them. They all act the same way. Haven’t brought the DLC yet.

1 Like

I’m getting a lot of crashes as well. On my desktop, I can play a skirmish mode map, but every 30-60 seconds or so the game freezes entirely and needs to force-quit.

This does not happen when playing on my laptop, so it may be a PC issues. However, I had the same problem immediately on release of DE, but then after a few months it stopped happening at all, so my guess is that there was a stability or bug fix with an update that solved it. Possibly some minor bug was interacting with my desktop but not my laptop - the desktop is an older machine and slower, but it still comfortably runs the latest Total War games and is well above AOE2:DE’s requirements.

So I guess I’m waiting for another update, because I’m guessing this one broke something that had previously been fixed.

2 Likes

Game crashed the second time 2 out of 4 times I played today… I hope they fix this.

It crashes after 5 seconds of any gameplay. Singleplayer, multiplayer etc.

1 Like

I found this from the update’s announcement. I use the Shuffle playlist and new civs and my game was crashing a lot (like 8 times out of 10 yesterday), so I think it’s related to this indeed.

• “Shuffle” Music Crash: We are aware of and investigating a potential crash when using the “Shuffle” music playlist with one of the new civilizations (the Burgundians or Sicilians). A temporary workaround is to change to a different music playlist while we work on a permanent solution for the upcoming hotfix.

It’s not the music for me - I have the issue regardless of which civ I’m playing.

I like the new civs, but I mean, I’d prefer no new update and the game working than the new civs and my game broken…

4 Likes

The same thing happens to me and I’ve been reporting it since yesterday. All the modes crash after a few seconds. Even the rank benchmark crashes.

Am super angry by now. How come I pre-purchased this when it came out and it’s not working at all…

1 Like

I too am having the same issues for the last 2 days. Game freezes up about 10 seconds into the skirmish map I try to play. Prior to this update the game worked fine for me. But Now a window’s 10 box pops up everytime it crashes saying that AOE is not responding.

I sure hope they fix this because i wanted to purchase the new DLC but im not going to do that until they fix this issue! It’s not a good thing, but I’m glad to see I’m not alone with this issue. I started to think something was wrong with my computer but its not. its this dang game LOL! :laughing:

1 Like

Having the exact same problems too, every game i’ve launched since buying the expansion has crashed within the first 90 seconds of gameplay. First it freezes then i get the rotating blue microsoft wheel. Whilst i’m all for adding stuff to the game, i’m a bit irritated that this update has made my game totally unplayable, especially having paid for the privilige

2 Likes

It crashes all the time after two minutes. Actually, it freezes and i can’t do anything else. The music still works though… but then this windows comes saying the program is not responding and there is nothing left to do but a force quit.

2 Likes

WHY THIS â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  IDIOTS FROM MICROSOFT JUST DONT EXPLANE US AND HELP US, WHEN I BUY GAME, YOU RECIVE MONEY, AND I EXPECT THAT GAME IS WORKING. WHY YOU IDIOTS JUST DONT TELL US, WE ARE WORKING ON THIS, WE ARE FINISHED FOR FEW DAYS.

NOTHING, JUST WHO F… YOU.

MICROSOFT IDIOTS

Exact same here. Freezes the second a game or loaded game begins. The main menu and navigations are fine, but the moment you want to play, it freezes as the music and SFX continue, until it crashes completely. Cannot find solutions

You can’t find solutions because problem is not on your end, but on games end, and Devs and people who are working on game should solve it. Problem is if they really care to fix it, and if yes, when will that happen.

2 Likes

So basically, we cannot continue to play the game until they fix it with a new update?