Game freezes following new update

I updated my old steam thread with a new solution that seems to work better than the cpu core one, not sure if it will work for everyone as the first one but it is done by literally just running the game in compatibility mode for windows 7 (and executing it directly via the .exe)

well, guess i’ll never be able to play this game again

Issue seems fixed in this recent patch, finally.

1 Like

No crashes or freezes here as well, and the gameplay experience is very fluid after the new patch.

Thank you devs for the work and effort put into the updates!

1 Like

Had two players freeze and drop in a 4v4 game, not seen this type of complete game freeze before

SIGO CRASHEANDO AUN CON LA NUEVA ACTUALIZACION YO TBN CREO Q NO PODRE VOLVER A JUGAR TRANQUILO NUEVAMENTE

Hi,
I’ve never experienced any problems with AoE 2 Definitive Edition, I played with every graphical option maxed out and everything was runing smoothly
But eversince the patch following the release of Lord of the West I have experienced massives lags and some crashs making the game really anoying to play. So a thaught maybe wait a few months and it will be patched out.
Comming back for the “Celebrating the Ages” event and the problems are even worse than before : the lags start after only a few minutes in game, the crash are more frequent et now I need to feel lucky when the game crash because otherwise I get some massive freeze that make my entire PC unresponsive (got to wait 10 minutes for a Ctrl Alt Suppr to register to be able to kill the game and even after that for still 5 minutes for my PC to respond properly)

My Specs are :
Windows 10 64 bits
Intel core i7-8750 2 GHz
RAM : 8 Go
Nvidia GeForce Gtx1060

I’ve tried running the game from the best settings to the worst with everything in between but it’s impossible to run a single game smoothly.

Are there other people who still have the same issues ?
Are the devs trying to find a sollution ?

AoE 2 is one of my favorite games of all times, I’d really like to be able to play it again

si bro sigo con crasheos nose que mas hacer 6 de 10 matchs terminan congelados porfavor solucionen el problema

I had this issue as well but when I reinstalled the game it fixed the issue for me

1 Like