Game inmediatly closes

I gone to sleep after my last post.

Uninstalled my antivirus, then I did a local user account on my laptop, with no mail asociated.

Entered in this new account then, to install AOE DE in the local account i had to log in my Microsoft account (which has the game purchased), after that the install button apeared then the game installed, since the game was installed in my main user account, the installation took a few seconds.

That was all what i did, but the game still failed, still i have the DCOM server error #5. I will try other games of MS because i have read that this error happens in other aplications of MS.

Fine, you’ve done well so far.

You are right about this issue happening with more games from the MS store and there are numerous solutions which sometime do help to solve it. I believe it’s something with the licensing failing or component missing. Sometimes I don’t get the intro music e.g. but after cold reboot it’s there again.

Could you try the following trick below both your user account?
Please reboot in between tests.

Launch CMD as administrator and type:
net start pushtoinstall

Then try to launch AOE DE again.

Started the command net start pushtoinstall in the command windows as administrator, the service started without problems, but game still dont starts.

I tried also start the game as administrator by right clicking in the direct AoEDE executable, but i was denied too.

I tried other game too (Forza street), it doesnt start, so i think its a problem from the microsoft store.

Could you check if Direct Play is enabled?

Launch PowerShell as administrator and paste the following:
Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName DirectPlay

If you have a second drive can you install it there? see if that works?

Finally made it work AT LAST!

what i did was enable an administrtor account by typing this in the command window

net user administrator /active:yes

This command enables a new user called “administrator”, i logged into this account then made MS run and install the game. FInally the game entered but now

I cant play it in fullscreen! everytime i put it in fullscreen mode the game crashes.

Another thing is that the fps is very slow, like if the game is using too many resources or it doesnt use all my graphic cards.

2 Likes

Great job!
Your laptop specs regarding CPU/GPU are quite on the low end.

I see.

But there is a way to at least play the game in fullscreen?

Press the Alt+Enter keys.

DId you get it to work? It worked for me the past six months then last week stopped launching. I tried every trick and it worked on day then reboot and stopped working.

I am getting the following error from AOE DE edition. Had zero problems previously until last week.

AoEDE.exe
5cf16e44
ucrtbase.dll
5cbddb81
c0000409
000000000006bcf8
3da8
01d52b6cc4db9d13
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
493476a0-c299-46de-bc10-40af3698c687
Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App