Game Manuel

Who’s still got theirs? I went and found mine last night and had a good read (and was reminded of some good memories :smiley: )

I don’t read manuals. I would have a hard time trying to read Manuel. He may not approve. :smiley:

Enh Spelling. English be dammed.
In any case, my favourite part was were it gave basic historical information on the various civilisations featured in the game. This, along with the game, really got me into ancient history and help build a life long interest. Not bad for a computer game, no?

I have mine both in physical and digital format.

@DiveDive3726 said:
I don’t read manuals. I would have a hard time trying to read Manuel. He may not approve. :smiley:

@DiveDive3726 said:

hahahahahaha, nice one.

@“von Lubinstab” said:
In any case, my favourite part was were it gave basic historical information on the various civilisations featured in the game. This, along with the game, really got me into ancient history and help build a life long interest. Not bad for a computer game, no?

That was fine in 90’s but now… the game isn’t the best for do it this.

@Augustusman said:

@“von Lubinstab” said:

That was fine in 90’s but now… the game isn’t the best for do it this.

This is the “Remember When” sub-forums, talking about nostalgia and things that happened in the past are kind of the thing.

In any case, not the best for it? Sure, probably not. It is a computer game after all (and an very old one at that), not a purposely designed educational programe. But does that mean that it can’t still inspire people and mean something to others.

I think it can and has.

Educational… lol with Hittite hoplites? Or Roman scythe chariots?

Or Helepolis? An realmone is ven in the game.

Again, it is a computer game. Engaging gameplay trumps historical accuracy. And educational, yes. Before this game I hadn’t even heard of hoplites before or scythe chariots. The game world they created inspired me to do further research and then I learned about the real things and so much more.

This post is about the game manual however and I loved reading the basic historical information on the civilisations in contained.

Again that’s was okey in 90’s now we have plenty of encyclopedias online and another franchises and game with most accuracy.

I never hear about Cataphract before AoE 1. The problem was grow up thinking a Helepolis was a bolt shooter instead a Siege Tower.

So this must be fixed o better don’t try educate someone else.

Niiiiiiiice :smiley: You win the internet for today sir/ma’am

1 Like

Sir, you won my respect, that AOE Collector box <3