Game out of sync error after 7/12/2021 update

MP Replay v101.101.50700.0 @2021.07.12 202952 (1).aoe2record (1.8 MB)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.50700.0 7006804
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Shortly after my opponent and I reached castle age we had an “out of sync” message pop up. This was in a ranked game which I attached. Nothing specific appears to have happened in game to cause this.
Edit 1: I Reviewed my opponents profile and it could actually be an issue on their end. They appear to have quite a few matches without results. Of their last 10 games they have 1 loss, 4 wins, and 5 matches without results. See profile here: AoE2.net

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    I have only played one game on the newest patch
    Edit 2: I played 4 or 5 games now with no issue. I no longer think it has anything to do with the patch and that timing was simply coincidental.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have both players advance to castle age and have one player attack the other’s base with knights.
    or
  2. View replay provided

Edit 3
I have played a few more games without issues so I don’t think these reproduction steps are too helpful but let me know if I can provide any info!

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
There would be no out of sync issue

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
The last moment before “out-of-sync”:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
(see post attachment)

Hi @ajbdkla3652, thanks for the report, could you please provide the sync logs, they can be found in C:\Users<YOUR_USER>\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs and have the following format XXXXX-2020.08.17-13.08.07-sync.txt. Otherwise you could provide us with the match id too. Thanks a lot!

Hi @DirefulLily9407,
I think this is the file you are looking for:
104102087-2021.07.12-20.46.09-sync.txt (20.8 MB)
I can provide the game ID as well, but I’m not sure where to find it on games that have ended 11.
If it happens again I will note that game ID before I leave the game. However, I have a strong suspicion it was something my opponent did to de-sync the game. I talked to someone else who played them and had the same thing happen.
Thanks for your work on this! Happy to help if you need any more info.