Game simultaneously crashes for all players on arena after a while

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION:

• Build: 101.101.37650.0 5061880
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: 76561198049239441

:arrow_forward: ISSUE:

As mentioned in the title, the game simultaneously crashes for all players whenever we play on arena. I’m unsure whether it’s exclusive to arena or not.

This is the fourth time it’s happened to me and my friends now so I figured it can’t be a coincidence anymore.

I often play with my friends over discord voice chats and four times now we were playing unranked matches on arena map and after a while the game has closed by itself for all of us. We know it happens simultaneously and it’s synchronized because we all talk about it the moment it happens.

It happened twice last week and twice just now (interestingly, both times it happened, it was consecutively). Today a friend of ours who was spectating as well as a person on the opposing team also mentioned it closed for them at the same time, which means the game also closes for all players and spectators.

For some reason, it has only happened to us in arena matches. It doesn’t happen in every arena game, but all 4 times it happened, we were on arena. There wasn’t a set amount of time elapsed until it closed either, it seemed to be entirely random.

I don’t know if this is exclusively to arena, the only thing I can confirm is that all times it’s happened to us so far, we were on arena. This has happened before the may patch too, so it’s not a bug from the new patch specifically, it seems.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Unsure how to because it doesn’t happen in every arena game, just on a few. It seemed unrelated to how much time had passed, the number of players or the civilizations picked.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

Could you please set the file to be shared; that way I can grab it and pass it along to our Test team for review. Thank you!

Hi GMEvangelos, I thought it was already on shared but I also made it so anyone can edit it now too, hopefully this will allow it to be downloaded? Please let me know if you still can’t access it. I forgot to mention it in my previous file but this file is the replay from the last game where this happened to me

1 Like

According to our Test team, this may be related to a crash triggered by the use of Siege Towers in a match. While the bug is partially fixed, they are still working towards a global fix for the issue to be implemented in an upcoming patch.

We’ll let you know if anything else comes to our attention; otherwise, the bug is on the radar to be fixed!

Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads up! I’ll let my friends know so we may avoid it as of right now.