Game sometimes hangs if I quit a game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: #99404
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

If I’m in a campaign and go to the Menu and select “Quit current game”, the game screens closes and I get to the statistic screen, then I press the button “Return to campaigns” and a black screen appears, instead of getting back to the campaign screen where I can select the scenario from a campaign. When this happens I have to flip to the Steam Control Center and press the “Stop” button, steam then kills AOE2 and returns to the Steam UI.

It also doesn’t matter if I load a saved game or select the new game from a campaign screen and quit playing either one of them.

This happens since the late October Update (Patch 95810) and is still in the current version (Patch 99311). I don’t know if it’s only happening with custom campaigns or also with the official campaigns, since I’m currently only playing custom campaigns.

It occurred with the following campaigns:

• The Rise of Tamerlane 1&2
  • The Last Khans
  • The Golden Hord
  • Juilus Caesar 1&2
  • Robert the Bruce

Problem is that it’s not replicable sometimes it works and sometimes the game ends into the black screen. So I can not tell you how to reproduce the problem (sorry).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1. Start a custom campaign / Load a saved one
  2. Play
  3. Select “Quit current game”
  4. Press the “Return to campaigns” button
  5. See if you end up in the campaign screen or on the black screen.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The game should return to the campaign screen.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Don’t think a screen shot of an blank black screen will be helpful.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• Sorry no game file since It happens randomly.