Game won't start

Hey peeps,

Im having the same problems as a lot other people with the client shutting down the moment you try
to enter the game.

I have try’d all the suggestions i could find on steam/youtube with no luck :s

is the ANY way to fix this problem?

Please let me know

I’m in the same boat. I’ve done everything I knew of or could find to try, and no luck. It worked fine, and then one day just no longer opened. I really miss this game. I really hope it can be fixed soon.

@CosierCamp32895 said:
Hey peeps,

Im having the same problems as a lot other people with the client shutting down the moment you try
to enter the game.

I have try’d all the suggestions i could find on steam/youtube with no luck :s

is the ANY way to fix this problem?

Please let me know

Hi,
I have had this problem before and may be able to help. Please run this game in compatibility mode for Windows Vista or Windows XP. To do this, right click the Age of Empires 2 Icon, Click properties, then go to the compatibility tab. Check the checkbox “Run in compatibility mode” and select Windows Vista or Windows XP. Click Apply or Okay to close the window. Age of Empires 2 should run properly now.

If this doesn’t work, please message me and i will help further.
Thanks,
ImTheRealSlayer

I can’t get this game to load on my windows 10 laptop. I’ve tried changing settings, running in compatibility mode and uninstalling/reinstalling the game. I’ve watched a couple vids on youtube. I’ve been trying to get this game to work all day. Any suggestions?

frigging game won’t start even after release i did install, up until today, no joy…black screen and other stuff but no game.
i can’t even frigging get my money back… Bull Sh*t MicroSoft idiots can’t even get a decent game out that functions normally .
didnt even had so much problems with World of Warcraft over 7 years playing …

figures Billy steals abuck …Gates junk.

@Bugger said:
frigging game won’t start even after release i did install, up until today, no joy…black screen and other stuff but no game.
i can’t even frigging get my money back… Bull Sh*t MicroSoft idiots can’t even get a decent game out that functions normally .
didnt even had so much problems with World of Warcraft over 7 years playing …

figures Billy steals abuck …Gates junk.

If you are referring to AOE Definitive Edition then please post your question in the correct forum. This forum is about AOE II HD edition.

Bill and Melinda Gates are only stealing hearts these days. <3

I already Try this and still don´t work. I buy it from Steam with all the DLC and it don´t start any other suggestion

Hi Antarios64,
Here’s another solution that works with every single AoE game since Age of Empires II.

Here’s how you do it.

1. Download the DirectX Redistribution Package (click here) and run it.
  2. Go through the instalation Process (you WILL need administrator privilages to do so)
  3. After the setup has completed, change compatibilty of the application to Windows XP
  4. Run the game and enjoy!

How to change the compatibility of the Application

1. Right-click the icon that you want to change
  2. Click “Properties”
  3. Go to the “Compatibility” tab and click “Run this game in Compatibility mode”
  4. In the drop down menu, Select which operating system you want it to run as, in our case, Windows XP.
  5. Click “OK” and test the application. If it doesn’t run as desired, change the compatibility settingd and try again.

Hope this helps!