Gatehouse Broken

Chinese gatehouse should not count as a wall when it is being repaired or destroyed. When it’s down to 0hp, a repair vil instantly adds 1hp to make it count as a wall again. Siege can’t shoot over it and units can’t move through it so the repair vil(s) can’t be killed. On maps like Danube it’s impossible to move past the tight river crossing.

Normally, you’d take down the wall on the river and rush units before it’s built again. With the Gatehouse, even when it’s destroyed you can’t move past. Needs a fix or no?

I added a screenshot of the game that caused this salt.

1 Like

Its nor broken. Its that what all other landmarks have too, if you destroy a landmark, you can go over it ist is like its still there: the enityblock i still there. This is an Landmark Mecanic, to take it from the Gatehouse would be not fair and that because you have to destroy a wall? Its the same when the berskshire is behind the wall, you can mald about its unfair that i have to kill a keep that i have to destroy the wall as well

You can kill the surrounding wall tiles to get through. Every landmark blocks pathing because you must be able to repair it which means it needs a foundation.

1 Like

I deffinetly agree with you its need to let you pass when its destroyed at least on this landmark

1 Like

No other landmark block the tiles they occupy completely. They usually only block the middle of their zones but you can move on the side in between building. So it’s not really comparable to other landmark.

Also other landmark block the path same way for BOTH players while the gatehouse block it only for the enemy like a gate.

Maybe when destroyed it should be the same for both players like other landmark.

1 Like

Are you sure the gatehouse still functions as a gate for allies? Arguably the gatehouse blocks much less space than a normal landmark because it is much smaller. It’s not like killing a couple stone walls is very hard if you can take down the gatehouse.

1 Like

From memory, the walls the gate was built on were not targetable, but that could’ve been tunnel vision. If it’s true, that would mean having a vil repairing the landmark would make it impossible to destroy or move around or through. I’ll have to test it.

1 Like

At the very least the walls the gatehouse are built on was not as big as the screenshot walls. They have hp bars in the screenshot so they should be targetable. The directly adjacent tile might be immune, but most of that wall segment (for example where the stone tower is) is definitely destructable.

Im 95% certain the destroyed gatehouse is unusable for both sides.

1 Like