General improvements for

Livestock:

100 wood seems a bit cheap. Unlike a market or trade post, you are never going to build one in Age 1 because the investments for it are food which you need all of. Something on par with Chinese villages (180 wood) would be reasonable. I think the goal should be to make it a viable strategy for maps with lots of herdables that you can capture but not so optimal on maps where you would have to start from scratch.
A build limit on Livestock Pens might also be needed if they are a super cheap, high-health building.

I would change it as follows:

1. Increase the base cost of cows and llamas to 100 food and 90 food respectively
  2. Have the Naturalist Politician enable cows at the new base cost
  3. Have a modestly priced Fortress Age upgrade at the Livestock Pen to enable cows/llamas and slightly decrease the cost of livestock (something like -10%)
  4. The Ranching card changed as follows: Enables training cows at the livestock pen & -20% cost for all livestock (this keeps it the same for cows, but it now also buffs sheep). Possibly also deliver a couple of skinny cows.

Other options:

• A card to make livestock pens passively generate cows (would require a build limit on Livestock Pens). This might be best as a card for a revolution option.
  • An Advanced Livestock Pen as I suggested here:

Outlaws:

The approach should be to reduce the access to Outlaws for some of the factions rather than adding more outlaws for Europeans and Asians. Africans have an overwhelming unit roster already so there’s no reason that they need guaranteed access to the most powerful Outlaws. It would be fine for USA to keep their unique Outlaws as a civ specific perk.

1 Like