Genuine Question About Why Arabia is so Popular

I think a lot of people hate water. They think boats are boring and not much fun to play with. Also, Arabia has no ‘gimmick’ like with gold rush you have to quick get to imperial first to treb down castles in the middle, or Arena where its a relic thing and there isnt much map variety.

Early aggression is part of the game, even if you don’t like early aggression yourself, it can be fun to try to survive it and then hit back with superior castle age units. So yes, the OP nailed it, people like Arabia due to early aggression and lack of water I would say. And as others have mentioned, Arabia is viable for any civ strat, including the mid to late game civs. Sure you might lose a few villagers to early aggression but you can make it up by striking back with your castle age units and extra tc.

1 Like

We can stop playing ranked game which is completely occupied by the Arabia+Arena players. Come to the lobby with me. We need more people who like playing various maps in the lobby. I always host games of various random maps with standard settings & rules, and waiting for people in the lobby.

1 Like

We can play hybrid maps like Coastal, Continental, Scandinavia and Golden swamp if pure water battles are boring for you.

There are a lot of great maps nowadays, arabia is just the classic cause in of age of empires it was the best fairly open map by a lot. There are quite a lot of black forest/arena/islands players too though.

Sometimes I wonder if I am the last AoE2 player who still only play classic Full Random map with standard settings on earth. Waitiing in the lobby for more than 40 mins is really frustrating.

Edit: I want to thank the kind people joined and waited with me in the lobby today If you have see this message. Had some intense games today. Thank you. I hope I can have many games like this in the future! :smile:

2 Likes