- GAME BUILD #: V. 100.12.37548.0 UP (current update preview, but I assume this has been around since Asian Dynasties)
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Almost all Home City cards affecting minor native civs on a map have some little issues:
- The German localisation of two cards claims they only affect “People from India” instead of saying minor indigenous allies. (likely a legacy mistranslation from “Indian” from before India was even added). This can be very confusing for new players, although I think one can usually guess what is really meant from context.
- The German localisation of many cards has also not been correctly updated with TAD to say that all minor civs are affected.
- Speaking of it, the original english description of the card “Blood Brothers” has not been updated like all other english laguage cards to say that all native allies are meant. Instead, it specifically claims only Native American minor civs are affected. I tested it, and it does also affect asian native allies. Maybe this should be a seperate thread though? Seems too small imo.
List of Cards
(Every civ has at least some of these cards, including also campaign civs. These are all that I could find)
Issue with English and German wording:
- Blood Brothers (“Blutsbrüder” in German)
- → english and German description falsely only refers to native Americans being affected, but other minor civs are affected just as much
For the next cards, the German titles are confusing and their German description is always only referring to Native American minor civs.
- Native Lore
- (Indische Weisheiten) → misleading translation, change German description and title to “Indigene” to be in line with other cards and not speak of “People from India”
- Native Warriors
- (Indische Krieger) → ditto, once again propose change to “Indigene”.
- Native Warrior Combat
- (Kampfkraft Indianerkrieger) → change German title & description to all minor natives. Title could be smth like ’ “Indigener Krieger”-Kampfkraft ’ in line with how other such cards have been translated to German. This card also looking like usual HC military upgrades makes this very confusing when playing as a major Native American civilization, since I was not immediately certain this even referred to minor tribes.
- TEAM Native Warrior Societies
- (TEAM: Indianerkriegerklans) → change title & description, I’d propose: “Indigene Kriegerklans”
Correctly translated names, but German descriptions should be updated to refer to ALL minor native allies as is already the case in English:
- (Indigene Verträge)
- (Schwarzer Pfeil)
- Indigenes Bündnins
Native Warrior Attack
- “Indigener Krieger”-Angriff
Native Warrior Hitpoints
- “Indigener Krieger”-Lebenspunkte
I assume many of these are reused text strigs leading to them being wrong in so many cards and sometimes different terms being mixed.
The following cards have correct/up-to-date titles and description wording both in german and english and can be used as orientation:
- Indigenes Wissen → ok
- Indigenes Handwerk → ok
*How often does the issue occur? *
- 100% of the time (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Navigate to any civilization’s deck builder
- Sort cards by Card Types, then the third category will include any upgrade cards for native allies.
- They will be different for each civ, but every civ has some of these mistranslated ones.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Most cards have proper and unambiguous wording in English, which should be the same in all languages and for all cards.
German language cards that refer to Indigenous Allies as people “from the country of India” are confusing and should be updated.
Here’s a card that’s wrong in both languages and one that’s correct in both.