Give Thirisadai Sails to India Ships

Why would anyone waste time to write up a wiki article with all those details to trick people?

You’d be surprised how much stuff people on Wikipedia make up

2 Likes

The Reddit post I read (presumably the same one) relied on a scanned book from c.1950 being reliably text searchable. That seems implausible to me, so I think it’s more likely that the Reddit user was (honestly) mistaken than that the Wikipedia page was fabricated. But that’s just my own judgement - I can see why people would disagree.

Of course, even if it is wrong, it’s hardly the most inaccurate thing in the game. I think very few players, if any, would benefit from a name change.

The same reason why people go into crop fields and make circles in order to trick crazy ufo nuts into thinking it’s flying saucers from uranus. That and dumb nationalism. The biggest mistake people have is always assuming there’s some sort of monetary incentive to falsify or make a hoax.

2 Likes

I like your example for 20 char

That profile pic is lit.

2 Likes

The Indians does not use tanja sails. Indian sail was square sail or tall square sail. We have archaeological depiction of them.
j53
3t434

The closest and more proper sail for Indians would be African sail (with different logo of course). This will save developer some time than to purposely design tanja for other ship’s hull.
r322

2 Likes

Looks like you made your account only for this. Your entire history of posts is about how you are bothered about this only.

To my eyes Thirisaadai Tanja Sails looks perfect for Indians. Do not care about all the blabbering you have posted.

I may not agree with Venial, but I don’t see why you saw fit to act passive-aggressively toward his post. Is it so much of a bad thing to have made an account solely to raise an opinion?

3 Likes

It looks suspicious you know. It might be an existing user who knows everything on forum engages with primary account but posts his specific troll posts using his second account. A normal Age lover won’t do this.

None of the current UU ships use generic sails and vise versa so giving indian ships square sails is not a bad idea.

Also I dont think he is a troll.

8 Likes

Nope. My account already exist before 2DE came out, I don’t specifically criticize Indians. It’s just that the information about the Indians can be rather easily accessed (you don’t only use google search, scholarly searches such as google scholar and google books exist, not to mention ProQuest, etc) and should be easy to recheck, yet the developer still make mistake and fell to a hoax.

I only became an insider recently after August 2022, so I don’t know everything on the forum. Also, this is the only account I have.

1 Like

Do you have any suggestions as to how should Indian Sails look like while being unique (that is not copying from Africa sails)? Any pictures of actual Chola or Pala Navy?

AFAIK, no unique sail. The tall square sail is unique enough to me, it is only used by 1 civ set so far.
Only Pala that I know having ship depiction. It is however doesn’t have a sail.

Even R.C. Majumdar, one of the most famous Indian professor admit there is a lack of evidence about how Chola ship looked like: “we cannot form any idea of the technique of their naval warfare or of other details related to the navy. Some think that merchant vessels were employed in transporting the army and that Chola naval fights were land battles fought on the decks of ships.”

2 Likes

PUP did not fix Indian Ship Sails
 :face_in_clouds:

1 Like