GlobalSettings.xml error for Content Editor on Microsoft Store/Game Pass

When using the Content Editor of the Store/Game Pass version the following error will logged repeatedly in the Output window:
Error saving settings C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\SEGA\Relic Entertainment\Cardinal\Essence Editor\GlobalSettings.xml: The parameter is incorrect.

This file is stored in another location for example
C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Cardinal_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\SEGA\Relic Entertainment\Cardinal\Essence Editor

1 Like

Hey @Waere! Is Age IV installed on your C: drive or somewhere else?

Hi, it’s installed on another drive, F: in my case.

Thanks for the extra info! I’ll pass this to the Content Editor team and let you know if I hear anything back that will help.

1 Like

I am also having this exact same problem.
I can publish the mod (crafted map) and can play it locally but none of my friends are able to download from the mod store and I cant update the mod either… I have spent days trying to figure it out but I am stumped!

Error saving settings C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\SEGA\Relic Entertainment\Cardinal\Essence Editor\GlobalSettings.xml: The parameter is incorrect.

Hey Waere :slight_smile:
have you been able to fix this problem?

Some error

When did you fix please.
AGE 4 Editor of Xbox Pass version have many problems.

My is here now
C:\Users<nickname>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Cardinal_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Local\SEGA\Relic Entertainment\Cardinal\Essence Editor

Have you gone to your Essence Editors Log file? It would be in: This PC > Documents > My Games > Age Of Empires IV > EssenceEditorLog.txt (can be opened with notepad)

Scroll to the very bottom of the log after opening it to see the most recent entries and it may shed light on how to fix your error! Other log files are in a folder “LogFiles” in the same place you find the Editor text doc. If this helps at all or if you need assistance trying to understand whats in the logs just let me know and attach a screenshot of the most recent log entry and I will do my best! I am not a dev just a player as well but here to help if I can :slight_smile:

Sincerely, X