- GAME BUILD #: 82587 (first appearance in the first April PUP, “biggest update”)
- GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store and Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
The “Go back to work” command (click or hotkey) at the Town Center doesn’t always work as it should. If the villagers are tasked to drop the resources they are carrying at a TC, retasked to a different resource, then garrisoned at the TC, the “Go back to work” command will send them to the second to last task instead of the last.
This bug was introduced in the first April PUP. This is a different bug than the “Town Bell” bug with which it has sometime been confused in previous reports/discussions.
This bug is very annoying, especially in the first stage of the game, when it is verry common to force the villages to drop resources to the TC.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Task a villager to collect a resource.
- Send the villager to a TC to drop what has been gathered (it’s not necessary that the drop happens).
- Task the same villager to a different resource (it’s not necessary that the new gathering starts).
- Garrison the villager to the TC.
- Send the villager back to work.
The villager will go to the second to last given task (1.) instead of the correct last one (3.).
The “Go back to work” command should always send villagers to the last task assigned.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Go Back to Work - Test.aoe2scenario (2.5 KB)
GO_BACK_TO_WORK_-_TEST.aoe2spgame (418.6 KB)
SP Replay v101.102.17051.0 #(82587) @2023.04.28 015551.aoe2record (492.1 KB)