Goths Buff/Balance

he seems to be doing that a lot lately.

champs are their best answer, but even so they lack supplies. still full upgrades beyond that. but either way, mongols are better off using champs for defense and raiding with hussars into the enemy economy.

My Goths play mirrors my Teutons play tbh, it sort of carries over into whatever civ I go for with a few exceptions and variations,
Incas being my second favorite,
Britons being the third,
and Portuguese probably being the fourth

I prefer having goths as allies very much.
Having an easy answer to ranged units while being able to heal allies and take on physical units to cover for their weakness and they cover mine is fun

I like byzantines for their healing bonus and cataphracts, but depending on what Iā€™m healing theyā€™re not exactly needed and can be replaced with another civ

Refering to:
Teutons, Goths, Portuguese, Byzantines

Teutons(permanent)
Goths(permanent)
Portuguese(semi-permanent, replaceable)
Byzantines(wanted, replaceable)

This is vs HD ai, I uploaded it by tethering my phone to the computer - itā€™s rough but itā€™s where I am so far. Still improving.

SP_Replay_v5.8_2020.12.01_212719.aoe2record (3.2 MB)

Updating the team roster -

Teutons, (melee counter + heals for all)
Goths, (spam + anti archer)
Burmese (Quality Halberdiers+anti building)
Vietnamese (imp skirms unlock and spam+enemy reveal+ratan archers and co.)

As much as I would love for Goths to have Plate Barding and good Cav Archers (without Thumb Ring they are woefully suboptimal), and it would actually be historically accurate (Goth tribes were known for Heavy Cavalry charges and Cavalry Archer support, not Infantry swarming); It would not be good for the game.

Huskarls lose against any FU Hussar. Bonused Hussars demolish Huskarls.

The Huskarl is a Melee Skirmisher with good Speed, it is designed to lose against almost everything Melee.

Duuuuuude why is the idea of a Goth healing fortress even a thing? The whole point of the civ is to replace your unit fast and not care if they die, I bet itā€™s more expensive (and waaaaaay longer) to build monks to heal instead of replacing your troops when youā€™re Goth.

1 Like

Idk why exactly but playing the Teutons the way I do made me care for the units and not want them to die, regardless of what civ I play 11

That and I consider Huskarls to be akin to the Teutonic Knights, and now Iā€™m starting to see a similar variation in the Rattan Archer,
near any unit that reaches 10+ defense has my praise

As for slavs I wanted boyar to take the cavalry title but unfortunately teutons stole their thunder
Still hoping for 1 melee armor buff on the boyar to bring it back.

Yeah and the molgols players will spend the rest of the game microing, while the all the goth players have to do is to spam overwhelming numbers and patrol toward the mangudais.

Come on, an huskarl take 35 shots from a mangudai, and kill it in 3 hits, until when do you want to micro them? Huskarls can easily force you in your base, where huskarls can simply wreck havoc, melting any buildings that they find.

And even if before that, such micro would force you to dedicate all your attention to that, neglecting your Eco because of that.

It is more likely that mongols answers for late game goth spam are siege onagers than mangudaisā€¦

Yeah I suspect thatā€¦ a bit obsessive if you ask me, but you can play this way as the game is, there is no need to ask for crazy bonuses.

Also, in war there will always be casualties, in aoe2 toā€¦