Goths Unique Technologies Hotkey Bug

When playing as the Goths it forces you to use the hotkey for their imperial age unique technology for the castle age unique technology as well.

e.g. I set the hotkey for Anarchy to H and the hotkey for Perfusion to Y … but it forces both techs to use the Y key.

Note, it will say in the hotkey editor that you’ve given separate keys … but in-game once you use the castle it will have both hotkeys for the imp tech hotkey.

As far as I know this bug only applies to the Goths and the separate unique technology hotkeys work fine with all other civs.

The bug also applies to the default DE hotkeys … but, as far as I know, it’s just with the Goths.

1 Like

To be clear, this bug is a problem because if you try to press the hotkey for the castle age technology it won’t work if you can’t afford the imp tech (for Goths).

And it’s also a problem because it gives you no choice over which tech you want to research first … when using the unique tech hotkeys and playing as Goths.

This is a genuine bug. With all the other civs the imperial age unique technology and castle age unique technology are bound to separate hotkeys but with Goths they’re bound to the same hotkey. I’m posting a 3rd time on this thread because I’ve still not gotten any feedback or acknowledgement of the bug yet.

This is on the Steam version, by the way. And this bug shouldn’t be too difficult to fix. But I want to make sure the devs see this!

Unfortunately, not have I only got no responses to this thread yet … but the bug is not fixed in the new patch :-/

I love using the new hotkeys for the techs … and it doesn’t work properly for the Goths’ unique technologies, as they are both binded to the imp technology hotkey, and it’s frustrating because, as far as I know, it works okay with all other civs.

Thanks for your patience! We just released an update that may resolve this. Check it out and let us know if there are still any issues. The full list of updates can be found here:

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 34699

1 Like