Greetings. I got 2 question

1 - what i can get, if i have almoust original (it’s russified version, 5 in 1, 1995 release year, if I remember correctly)?
2 - will there be a map editor in the re-release? I remember being really small, when I stuck in it for 10 hours. No kidding) Even once created my own campaign with the working conditions. It was perfect.

1. If you own the original Age of Empires you will still need to pay full price for the Definitive Edition.
  2. The scenario editor will be included with the Definitive Edition, with new scenario editor objects confirmed.

@WombedMonkey439 said:
1 - what i can get, if i have almoust original (it’s russified version, 5 in 1, 1995 release year, if I remember correctly)?
2 - will there be a map editor in the re-release? I remember being really small, when I stuck in it for 10 hours. No kidding) Even once created my own campaign with the working conditions. It was perfect.

1- Don’t know which version do you have, because Age of Empires was released in 1997, not 1995. In any case, having an old version does not mean that you will have Definitive Edition for free or something like this. You will have to pay the whole price, which seems will be about 20US$, no matter if you have an old version of the original game.

2- Surely yes, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will be a complete game (remaster of the original one), so there will be map editor, campaign editor, scenarios, campaigns… all the same stuff, and hope some new content too.

Okey, mb i little lie about year, but still i have a disk :smiley:
K again, i can buy full version, BUT - mb for someone, who have disk, can be available other benefits? For example, early access reissued campaigns? Well, or something like that. Dont know, but i really like old AoE game, i still remember how build triggers and to properly arrange the destinations or delivery (so long I’ve been sitting in the editor XD) However, the sequence of multiple conflicting variables need to remember.
Photo to prove it. Sorry for the quality - the phone is old (galaxy s1)

Wow cool! Did the guy who sold you that sell watches and Gucci bags too? xD

@Raw1812
If this is a joke i dont get it.

@WombedMonkey439 said:
@Raw1812
If this is a joke i dont get it.

It was indeed a bad joke - A reference to black market purchases. I’d ignore it.

As to map editor, it will definatly be a thing - If an Age game comes out without map editor there would be rioting - To further that point, I hope they make the triggers and all that jazz more accessible - the HUD layout was pretty shite in the original and every game since then, let’s be honest.

@“Helios Ra”
I can’t tell you exactly where bought this disk because it’s15 years old, if not more, and not i buy him - it was my parents.
This disc times the cubic screens. Heh.

@WombedMonkey439 said:
Okey, mb i little lie about year, but still i have a disk :smiley:
K again, i can buy full version, BUT - mb for someone, who have disk, can be available other benefits? For example, early access reissued campaigns? Well, or something like that. Dont know, but i really like old AoE game, i still remember how build triggers and to properly arrange the destinations or delivery (so long I’ve been sitting in the editor XD) However, the sequence of multiple conflicting variables need to remember.
Photo to prove it. Sorry for the quality - the phone is old (galaxy s1)

LOL what a glorious cover! Medieval knights in front of the Colosseum in flames, epic! I have to say it’s a very uncommon version, and most probably an unofficial one, but is still amazing.

And sorry, but I’m sure at 99,99% about all we who owns an old version of the game will have not any extra or additional benefits. It would be cool, but will not happen.

Looks pirate copy.

@the_choson_one
Mb that pirate version, but will the game have Russian language? Or do I have to wait for our pirates-localization going to do?

@WombedMonkey439 said:
@the_choson_one
Mb that pirate version, but will the game have Russian language? Or do I have to wait for our pirates-localization going to do?

Well, Age of Empires II HD Edition has russian ingame texts and interface, so i think Age of Empires: Definitive Edition should have it too. Hope so.