Grenadier - Area of effect bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 13.690
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

After Incendiary Grenadiers technology is researched in Arsenal Area of Effect for Grenadier unit should change from 3 to 4. It works fine. Then if Grenade Launchers card is sent from Home City Area of Effect drops from 4 to 3.5. This card should not effect AoE in any way (previous value should remain).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play skirmish game as Ottomans (I didn’t test multiplayer and other civs - bug probably will be visible there too)
  2. Research “Incendiary Grenadiers” technology in Arsenal (it will increase Area of Effect from 3 to 4)
  3. Send Grenade Launchers card (it will decrease AoE from 4 to 3.5)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Area of Effect should remain unchanged after Grenade Lauchers card is shipped (in this case it should be 4).

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Grenadier_bug

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

N/A (but I can provide it if needed)

1 Like

Hello @mkaras92, appreciate the report. This is intended for balancing purposes. :+1:

Interesting, I didn’t know that.
In that case it would be nice to add info about it to the Grenade Launchers card (or to Incendiary Grenadiers technology) for players to know how exactly the card/technology works.

Was it really necessary? Grenadiers are not even cost-effective.

2 Likes

Do you test it again? My otto grenadiers are 4 AoE after incendiary grenadiers technology research.

Yes, I run the test twice and both times Grenadiers had 3,5 area of effect (you need to send Grenade Launchers card after Incendiary Grenadiers to see 3.5).

And I’m definitely agree with @Erchere. Grenadiers are very underused because they are not cost-effective. I think they deserve a little rework or rebalance.