Gurjaras' Mills

When the mill is your most important building…

1 Like

So, basically Poles? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

btw gurajas are OP on forest nothing! Nerf them!

Forest nothing is non ranked. So, it does not matter.

say this to T90 :smiley: :smiley:

Also sheep stealing will be important.

Having an ally like Celts that can steal them from the opponent would be an interesting dark age rush.
Also Vietnamese ally would help, being able to send scout forward right away and maybe grab some.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll save too many sheep for this on a standard map. If my wrists are up for it I want to try camel scout rushing. But who knows, since the cost of camels is half gold, and with the extra forest bushes, you might be able to get a good time until the camels are out and still save two sheep.

The go to strategy will be that garrison as many herdables as you can and push deer meanwhile. When your deer are finished you release your herdables individually to eat them.

That would be a waste. You giving up food relics.

It would only be a waste if they regenerated more food than villagers

In return for getting more food right now, and you need food right now for feudal age and either military or fast castle. There’s a serious cost in garrisoning instead of eating.

Forage bushes, hunted food will do you.

Make some lumberjacks, transition to farms. Get relic sheep food on top of your farms. Ally gives some of their sheep to you for your mill, even more relic food.

1 Like

how will it be on maps like alpine pass with many sheep?

1 Like

Hmmh, I was reading this bonus as “you get two extra tiles of berries”, possibly right beside your TC. But I think you just get a full regular bunch of tiles extra as your second bush. That does make it a little easier to save sheep. Still a tradeoff in terms of collection speed, but not as much of a tradeoff, depending on how fast the food trickle is as well.

They are probably right next to the TC, so that the bonus can work with nomad start/on maps without berries.

1 Like

I thought this was two extra tiles of berries as well, if it’s a full second berry bush, then that’s just OP lol.

Nah it’ll likely be two tiles of bushes next to your TC.ike stragglers.

It definitely opens up different options for early game. Rush a mill. Dump all sheep in it. Might have slower feudal time, but your eco will be stronger, like burgundians choosing to go early double bit.

Encourages laming opponents since returns are even higher.

I think they’ll still be like camels are used currently as in mainly as a defensive/complimentary unit for your other cav. I could only imagine how bad their DPS for cost will be. When we consider that LC have much better DPS per cost than castle age camels. (11.5 Res per dmg point Vs 17.5 Res per dmg point, even worse if the target has base armour)

I’m still hoping they have given camels an additional bonus damage type, that the gurj civ bonus will boost

Don’t destroy my dream. I want to be the camel scout rusher. I want my name whispered on the winds of the meta. “Did you play that guy? He picks Gurjaras, and then brings a camel scout rush from which you cannot defend.” “A friend of mine went archers ones, and the camels almost won, missing bloodlines and the armor upgrade.” “I played like this guy plays, and I lost 200 elo. Only a mad and dangerous mind could be behind this madness.” I want all 700 elo players to quake at the mere mention of the unit. All fear the feudal camels.

Either that, or maybe I’ll just try it one or twice, maybe even just watch a video of someone else trying it, and decide it was a dumb idea and switch back to picking Berbers. That seems more likely.

P.S. A mixed rush of camel scouts and regular horse scouts still counts.

4 Likes

Probably it can only garrison 10 sheeps and slay them with no decay. Not that OP but efficient

I don’t think it will work like that. I think like relics.