Gurjaras sheep cannot be converted once commanded to garrison

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 61591
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Gurjaras sheep cannot be converted once you command them to garrison into your mill. Even when there is no unit of yours nearby, they cannot be converted by enemy again. This is very powerful for sheep laming.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a scenario, with a Gurjaras mill and lots of sheep, and an enemy unit trapped between sheep and mill (I already made this scenario for you, attached below)
  2. Garrison your sheep into the mill
  3. Notice that when your sheep pass by the enemy unit, they won’t be converted!
  4. But once you stop the sheep, they get converted

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Gurjaras sheep bug.aoe2scenario (1.3 KB)

2 Likes

I thought this maybe not a bug. But a defect of game mechanism.
Sheep using “Task No.107(Get Auto-converted)” to be converted. When player commands sheep garrison into mill, sheep using “Task No.3(Grassion)”.
A unit can only using 1 task at a time. So sheep cannot be converted when grassioning.
BTW, moving doesn’t occupy task, so sheep could be converted when moving.

2 Likes

Wow good to learn! It’s odd though, that being able to be converted is occupying a task.

1 Like

Hi @PilgrimHYR !

We are aware of this issue and it is already being tracked :slight_smile:

Thanks for your report!

3 Likes

YEAH I encounter this issue while I tested my campaign with an enemy uses Gurjara, when AI tasks its livestocks to garrison in mill, I cannot capture the livestocks in action as no any units of this AI is nearby.

Same here, in TG one player with Gurjaras and Celts as ally stole all my sheeps and get a super boost in food.
Its so frustrating.

This MUST BE fixed ASAP.

is it possible to fix with mix of tasks, without forcing entire livestock class 58 to be converted? currently some mods are using that particular class for various reason and it’d break a ton of thing if class properties were changed.