Hand Cannoneers bad state confirmed

SotL made a video addressing all of this so just stop all the arguing and watch this.

What about Arquebus? What will the Portuguese do for a unique tech?

Half of this is scenario editor testing, the other part is a bunch of theorycrafting, so it’s not enough to just watch this 11

4 Likes

What’s the deal with “11”?

Just type “11” in game and you will find by yourself :))

I googled it and it’s “Ughh”, isn’t it?

Not it’s the laughing taunt, which is why it’s used to replace “lol”

1 Like

NObody who loves AOE ask this…

I love AoE more than anything in the world. Although, I have more of an emotional connection to the original than AoE II.

Oh well we all miss some stuff at some point. Better not know what “11” mean than be Hera and watch Daut rekt everything with CA and plumes lmao.

2 Likes

What does “lmao” mean?

Come on this the internet, how are you surviving without basic vocabulary. In this case lmao = laughing my as.s of.

bragging about grammar isn’t the best thing to do online

2 Likes

And then HC’s damage is calculated half due to the stray shot.

Can’t Goths build Heavy Scorpion to counter champ spam?

That said, HCs need to be compared to Heavy Scorpions as anti-infantry counters. The trade-off is that Heavy Scorpions are slow, fragile, and expensive, while HCs have normal archer speeds. But HCs also are countered by archers, which Heavy Scorpions shred with their high pierce armor and better accuracy at range.

When you see pro players like viper mass click ballistics for their archers as soon as they can afford it it shows how important that tech is. They don’t like to take an engagement against archers with ballistics if they don’t have it on their own.
So now take a unit (HC) which has low accuracy, no ballistics and then on top even slower projectile speed than arrows and a very slow fire rate and you know why they perform worse in many situations.

About the portuguese arquebus I heard different opinions. Around nov 20 2020 slightly before the update people said that it didnt work at all especially on cuman paladins and I heard only one person claiming that it was fixed and it now even hits paladins with all the different speeds (no husbandry, husbandry, cuman paladins).
But that was only one person so I’m not sure if it really was fixed.

And even then only the portuguese have that tech.

I think ballistics for everyones HC once researched and increasing the projectile speed to arrow speed (less important than ballistics) would probably solve most problems. Then give portuguese with arquebus tech higher accuracy for their HC and we would probably have good HCs which miss far less - especially against faster moving targets.

3 Likes

HC are better when the numbers of both the infantry and anti-infantry are lower, where Scorpions are better when the number of infantry and anti-infantry are higher.

Scorpions do much better when a large number of them are firing on a large number of units. HC does better when there’s a low number firing at a low number. It’s not a clean comparison.

1 Like

But what about a civ like teutons.
HC are very good at fighting against eagles in a fast imp on arena

But HC C also hit Arbalest B. So he get a full shoot. And with this +1 attack, the Arbs die a little bit faster against HCs.

Faster creation speed would be an interesting enough buff for them to work imo.