Happy 4th Of July Day!

Celebrate this day with gratitude in your heart for the freedom we enjoy. Wishing you a joyful 4th of July!

10 Likes

I sure do love celebrating the arrival of the Pathfinder rover to Mars.
Thanks NASA!

1 Like

USA! USA! USA!

Everyone should be celebrating, given that the AOE series is an American creation.

4 Likes

Happy rebel day! ;).

4 Likes

This thread hits me in the feels.

(in a good way)

3 Likes

9 Likes

Happy colonizer day, y’all.

If this gets flagged again, I’m gonna be pissed. There’s nothing hateful about it - I am literally someone who’s culture has been colonized and nearly wiped out by the US and I can make a joke about this.

Mods, are you really going to tell me what is and isn’t offensive to me?

ADD: My family is firing off fireworks now and we had indian tacos all day and grilled out, just like any other American. We might not be fond of everything here in America, but it’s still the nation we’re part of. Yes, we Natives like to call it “Colonizer Day” because we think it’s funny. It’s humor. It’s one of the core traits of my culture - our most sacred religious figures are literally clowns.

So again - Happy colonizer day, y’all.

10 Likes

It’s good that you explain it.

Sensitivity is not unidirectional, there are other people who may also feel offended, but with that explanation everything is clear.

1 Like

yes, happy Republic Day to my friends from the Philippines!

1 Like

Bonnes fêtes aux Américains :wink:

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, what is an indian taco? I’m legitimately interested.

1 Like

Remember the time you could get the civ for free? Man those were the days XD

5 Likes

Frybread with taco toppings. Pairing it with some ###### for dessert, if you’ve enough frybread, is popular.

7 Likes

Tiens en France quand on parle de tacos c’est souvent une forme de pain qui enroule une garniture diverse et selon certains fastfood ça peut être génial à manger.

Par contre je ne vous remercie pas de me donner à nouveau faim :cry:

1 Like

Id love them to at least unlock the mexico, usa. Maybe even some of the kotm challenges and portraits for 4th/independence day weeks of the respective civs. Seems like a fun way to keep us engaged and can resuse old assets

2 Likes

In a game about discovery age with an actual ingame map there wasnt excuse to not celebrate the 1st travel around the world 500y ago. Shame