Has tower rush really been nerfed?-Poll

Now you’re just off topic. We were talking about tower rushing?

It’s good that you’ve practiced a lot, but I’m talking about casual players, watch their games, they don’t even think of sending the villagers to destroy the tower, they don’t know aoe4word or reddit, much less watch competitive matches.
More players are more income, which allows you to hire more staff to speed up all orders, arrangements and demands of all of you

the towers are weak, that’s why I mention that they allow low elo players to easily deal with the tower rush

Mmm age 2 also has tower rushes (not sure how impactful are compared to age IV since it requires feudal) and that game has more players than age IV even after free weekend and 50 % discount, while I agree that allowing this kind of design flaws ( towers are defensive structures) will demotivate new players I don’t think is the real cause on why players are leaving, those reasons are posted in the most discussed topic in this forum ( graphics, UI, animations, inmersion and lack of unique units)

I have not said that it is the only reason why they leave, but the difficulty of learning a game can undoubtedly be a demotivating factor
I don’t have much time playing rts, can someone answer why rts is not very popular!?

They were very popular and I think still are but with the MOBA taking over, publishers started doing mobas or converting RTS into mobas and doing over simplification of the game (DOW lll, C&C 4) trying to make RTS to appeal to wider audiences… There are still hope with games like Homerworld lll, tempest rising, maybe Coh3 and even AGE IV ( if they finally addresses the criticism). Another thing that I noticed and hurts RTS is the total focus in eSports hurting the casual/semi competitive player base and team games(which is like 90% ) if you played COH you will remember that most people play 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4, I feel age IV shows no love for those game modes.

1 Like

Viper couldn’t face Core’s tower rush, Core had outposts with more hp from Rus

A professional who leaves the game for a moment, now imagine a casual player

I personally think that allowing rush is just a bad design, I am pretty sure devs vision is to use tower and castles as defensive structures or negate an area, they only way to to nerf them is to not allow tower/Castle around TC or other castle.

In my opinion removing strategies from the game will cause the meta to just boom, the idea of aietees without blacksmithing could be a simple solution for a simple strategy

i mean yes! , before we were at 11k so , 6k new players i actually good! + i think were all waiting for malians and ottomans…

Nah just look at mongols play th y need thousand of towers and they always tower rush, is a bad design, also today match marine Lord vs Muslim castles in middle.of the base and gg… Tell me is that is fun?