Hausa Homecity revealed by devs

Granted, it’s the worst game in the series, but that’s the fault of its archaic nature. It requires a lot of work, which unfortunately was not done during the production of the Definitive Edition. I think the creators know that this game needs a major overhaul and that’s why they abandoned it.

Maybe AoE 5 will show us what AoE 1 did not show us.

2 Likes

AoE 1 would be a much better game if there were AoE 2 about antiquity.

Maybe the developers should upgrade this game’s engine to the AoE 2 engine. Then they could add a lot of great stuff - UNIQUE UNITS FINALLY and DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY TREES.

3 Likes

the only way to “save” AOE 1 IMO is to completely redo the entire periode and split it up into 2 games

1 that goes from stone to bronze age and 1 that covers the iron age. the periods are rather distinct from each other since you know the whole dark age between them. it also would allow for factions that make a lot more sense in their settings rather than just throwing romans and Carthaginians into a game with Babylon and Egypt.

Rather just save that for AoEV.

I still find some enjoyment out of it considering I really feel the empire building aspect AOE2 improved upon but it’s like comparing a Cembalo to a Piano. Sure, a Cembalo is a fantastic instrument too, but you can’t do that much stuff you can do with a Piano.

November-AOM DE announcement 11

2 Likes

Back on topic, I think we’re going to see Ethiopia and Barbary States/Moroccans too. The African civs will probably all share some kind of unique mechanique they’ll all share. Looking forward for more news.

2 Likes

AoM DE which will be released in 2022.

I am also counting on a spin-off AoE series from the 19th and 20th centuries. Game proposal
I dream of AoE during the Victorian Era, WW1 and WW2.

2 Likes

Possibly give 5-6 centuries in AoE about antiquity.

I doubt that splitting antiquity into two separate games would be attractive to players. This may not be in line with history, but remember that it’s about entertainment. Campaigns come in different time periods. Casual entertainment does not have to be in line with history - Assyrians could fight the Huns there without any problems, it’s just a game and not a history book.

For me, the most disgusting building in AoE 1 is by far the Town Center - this building doesn’t even look like any building.

1 Like

What weapon does he hold? Spear or Musket?

maybe an axe or a mace? looks kinda small for a spear or gun, unless its a pistol i suppose.

1 Like

It looks sooo beautiful. Can’t wait to play it!

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 6.18.00 PM
A short spear or a mace.

9 Likes

Huns and Teutons make sense at the same time in AoE2? Age of Empires 1 covers ancient era so its ok to have bronze and iron age civilizations.

1 Like

they make more sense than AOE 1 yes.

the dark age from about 500 to about 800 are complete water compared to the bronze age collapse dark age where writing disappear from large part of the world for 600 years.

To be honest Huns aren’t even medieval civilization or country their society collapsed and disappeared even before the official year when middle age started.

1 Like

this will be the music when africa civ attack The African Zulu Drummer - African Military War Drums - YouTube

they are still closer to the medieval world than the romans are to the Babylonians.

they litterally define the start of the medieval periode since they caused the west roman empires collapse.

Zulu and Hausa are two very different people:

Hausa Kingdoms

6 Likes