Hausa mechanics

No. That was last week. . Watch it on 1.5x speed until the end.

And this one was on Tuesday. Same outcome too.

part of the problem tbh is that no one is really testing the civs since people consider them OP. Eso is currently occupied by tourney so I dont think there is a consensus on the power of the african civs atm. I tried asking about the current position of the civs and basically got nothing.

1 Like

Hausa got destroyed in this patch!!! Sigh

Iā€™m trying to figure out a standard BO but Iā€™m struggling. And hausa already struggled vs brit and brit like boomy musk civā€¦

I wanna say you have to 10/10??? With the 3 vil removed there isnā€™t any age 1 shipment that would be worth it SOOON enough? Which makes me think you sit on your first shipment for the age 1 church card in transition?

Alternatively you could send the 4 200f cows? Hmmmmm.

So we start with 5 villagersā€¦ 4 cows but have 360 less food!!! Also gather slower from auto gather cow so that means you first villager takes 50% longer to que??? But you get 30% better starting wood conversionā€¦( from 60% to 90%).

I need helpā€¦this civs start got nukedā€¦

1 Like

I have been experimenting with 4 cow shipment, eating one or two of them to speed up age1. You do get better wood trade now though.

1 Like

Hausa early eco option is dead. Rush is dead (without committing actual suicideā€¦) , attempting to go about aging in the same way as before this patch would cause you to que age 2 at 3 mins and 20+ seconds with 3 less villagersā€¦

IMO
this would be my standard BO. 5 vils on auto cow for 10s to que first villager. Then transition 1 to herd/build granary. After the 4 finish auto gathering the 150f on first cow transition all vils to standard hunts near granary. Meanwhile task all cows to livestock market. First card ques at around 80 seconds (or sooner with xp) I would send the 4 cows. As you que your age 1 shipment I would send 1 cow to the granary to be eaten by 4 villagers. By the time your 4th villager created comes out the TC (9 villagers total) your 3 remaining cows nows at the livestock market should have accumulated 50ish food (187 food each cow). At this point I would move the 3 cows to the granary and task 3 villager per cow which should take about 25 seconds to consumeā€¦

Note: under the most mechanical micro I believe you would still be short 40 to 50 food from clicking age 4 as the last villager is created. I dare say you NEED 1 food treasure worth 40 food! + to insure an idle-less TC age up (idle-less tc on the backend since the first 10 sec unavoidable).

Your 4 200f cows and 1 100f cow shipment should have arrived a few seconds before your 10th villager pops out the TC. The good news is 100 seconds equates to 10% market trading rates. This means if we know start with 90% wood transfer rate weā€™ll be at 100% by the time your 10th villager is out. And there just so happens to be a gimmick? Or by design? That if you trade any cow at 100% transfer rate your next transfer rate is 99%!! And NOT 80%!! So essentially the 200 food cows tht come in become at least 400 wood worth (for just 2). Matter of factā€¦ you should convert the first at 100% wait 10 seconds then convert each one needed for wood in 10 sec intervals. And grab the whole tradepost line!! Or at least 2 tradeposts.

Now depending on your age up of choice you could have a full tp stage coach in que the moment you hit age 2 then use natives to defend the tp line while you figure out your economy :wink:.

Alright I figured it out theoretically. I need to get home to test it all out.

Do the 10/10 I suggested and prioritize getting at least 50 food treasure (run the whole map no excusesā€¦ or sufficient coin to buy 100 food). Age up with the berbers. Make sure once your 5 cows come in you make a tradepost asap and set the first past to influence (just the first pass should be enough). Continue to take as many as 3 total tradeposts.

In transition to age 2 macro to be ready to que stage coach and immediately send 12 skirmishers to defend your TP line.

CORRECTION:

In my previous post I stated that at 100% transfer rate at the livestock market it would only reduce to 99% after the first trade; I WAS WRONG!! What it actually does is the transfer rate continues to count EVEN beyond the 100%; so even though youā€™re capped at only getting 100% of the value of the trade the subsequent trades will be 20% less than the TOTAL STORED up trade value (secretly) accumulating beyond the displayed 100%.

NEVERTHELESS the 4 cows could instantly become 360 wood + which could be used to start grabbing the tradeposts.

The 4 cows start is actually not that bad. It allows for quite a lot of flexibility in the early game. Havenā€™t tried the rush yet but the hausa early game is not as bad as i expected.

1 Like

So after a bit of testing I found that a decent start card is the Pulaaku code card, which gives +15% gather rate for all natural resouces. The reason why is because with a standard opening , you are likely to get village dogs for the extra food gather rate, so combined they are +20%, which means that its better then sending 2 vils and going 11/10. during transition since the card boost all gather rate, its about the same as sennding 3 vils, since normally I age with 15-16 vils and now its about 13-14.

In this build, you have 2 options. Age 2, in which case age up with Hausa for the wood and builder. get to age 2, send 4 vils ā†’ 700 and spam fulani and javelins.

Or you can still go the naked ff route, albeit its about 20 secs slower, getting to age 3 at about 7:10-7:20. To do this age with berber in transition get 400 coin (then sell 2 cows for wood and coin) to build a uni. Once to age 2 send 700 coin and train 2 berber vils with the influence, by the time everything is gathered to age up you should have enough to get the fast age tech and get to age 3.

the rest is somewhat the same, train fulani, get the griots and train dependin on the opponent (if they go cav then javelin, anything else then make your own cav)

Its slower but scales harder since the more vils you have the better the gather rate card becomes

15% eco boost doesnā€™t match 3 villagers UNTIL you have 20 villagers; so that 15% card isnā€™t worth 3 villagers at 11-12 vil pop.

HOwever the 4 cow is absolutely standard IMO, it does open up the strategy a lil bit without sacrificing everything. I actually do not go 10/10 anymore but go 12/20 while building an early tp as soon as converting 2 cows would give me about 300 wood (176 the first cow 144 2nd cow). I also have to eat 3 to 4 cows in order to age up by the 11th vil.

that is true but note that we also have access to the early eco upgrades, notably the villages dogs and hardened axe, both of which gives an additional 5%, for a combined 20%. This changes the comparison a bit.

at 20%, at 10 vils its equal to addition 2 vils on food and wood, and you only need to get to 15 vils for it to be equal to 3 vils. So effectively at age up, you have about the same eco as before( assuming here I am aging up with about 13-14 vils)

The comparison isnt perfect, its probably slightly less since before you send 3 vils and get village dogs.

So the old build - you have about 15 vils on food with village dogs ( so 15*1.05= 15.75 vil equivalent on food)
New build - you have about 13-14 vils on food with village dogs and the card (so between 15.6-16.8 vils on food)

the same also applies to wood. Its slower and isnt the same scale increase from sending 3 vils ( which with a 15 vil age up is about a 25% increase, so its 5% lower) but its good enough

you canā€™t count the market granary upgrades as part of your shipmentā€¦ You have to compare shipment to other shipments of the same age.

the overall effect is comparable though, and thats what matters in the end.

Its not as good as 3 vils, definitely , but the end effects is comparable.

by the time you age up, you will have about 15-16 vils equivalent on food and wood.

also strangely enough, the +1 cow means that I can also go age 2 morrocan goat boom into outlaws again, which is a nice build actually

I think eating the cows is a waste because they have so much less food, I just do standard 10/10, age up with berbers, train the 5 berber vills and ship 4 vills, keeps you on track villager wise and the berber vills are better and donā€™t cost much because you receive 400 influence to make them with and can train them at the same time as regular vills from the native embassy.

I think eating one is necessary to speed up age1. But eating more than 1 is not worth it. Maybe the removal of the 3 villies card is devs way of making us eat the cows, not just trade them for wood or gold.

If you age up with 15 villagers you will be at minimum a whole minute behind your opponent in age up timings. I hope you have some extremely defensive macro set up. Currently to age up by 3min youā€™ll only have 12 villagers and will need to eat cows and have treasures.

The other guy doing a 10/10 no cow eatingā€¦ even with the first food upgrade it would take you 30 additional seconds AFTER youā€™re popped to have 800 food to age up. Which ironically puts you aging up later than If you converted 1 cow for a house and food upgrade and ate cows to age with 11 vils.

Although I curious to how you can recoup the TC IDLE time with the 3+ cows you would have saved?

Lastly berber villagers are expensive and take 38 sec to que but they are only 30% more efficient than a standard vil. By the time you afford 5 berber villagers (3mim+) your enemy eco would be soaring!

I agree, yesterday I played some games and the age up time is a lot slower, even when I ate 1/2 cows.
Cuz they took 150 off starting cow, and 115 off the others, and gave one back, but reduced their gather rate by 33%. So total 380 starting resource loss + first tp is delayed + cows gather slower which delays your first vil + no 3 vil card reduces your food gather even more.

So what is solution now, sell 2 cows buy food 10/10? 11/20 seems like the house isnā€™t even worth, and you lose an opening cow for what, 5-10 secs on age up time? Itā€™s the equivalent of a treasure, but let the cow fatten to age 2 and itā€™s worth several times a treasure. Eat 1 12/20? But that feels so bad when you could 12/10 before and gather nerf makes it feel worse. 13/20 feels way too late without vil shipment.

Also if you were running the age 1 uni + tp card your timings will be messed up as before you could get 2nd shipment around 60% to age2, but since age 2 delayed from starting food loss you sit on 2nd shipment for a while, opportunity loss.

1 Like

I see someone understandsā€¦

11-12 villager age up without eating a cow or food treasures click you up at 3:20ā€¦ that beyond late and at minimum would need 1 house and likely incur TC IDLE time before you can click age up. That time vs civ rushing you? Unthinkable how youā€™ll be on your back foot vs India early pressure Aztec early pressure Russia pressureā€¦etc.

Not to mention this civ still struggles vs brits and a defensive Dutch

1 Like

Hausa on a 3+ TP map is still very verrry powerful civā€¦

here is my argumentation: If you immediately SELL 2 cows at the very start of the game and rush to catch the first pass tradepost, it will take AT MOST 300 sec for that TP to have added a full extra shipment to your que. 300 seconds put you around 1 and half minutes into AGE 2 gameplay (5:30 ish). Those 2 cows would worth 660+ food otherwise (and if you got the upgrade for sheep in transition 720 food). Most your age 2 shipments are worth MORE villager seconds than 720 cow food! Even 700 crates is better than 660-720 cow food.

However IFF you kept your wood transfer rate for 5minutes than you could get 2 100% cow converisions for 720 instant woodā€¦ I digres.

The early TP gives you momentum and typically makes your opponent make units age 2 to contest the TP. Then youā€™ll have defenders advantage because youā€™ll shoot him while attempts to burn TP. That back and forth makes your TP last even longer making those 2 cows well worth!

Another advantage that might be OP (probably shouldnt even say so its not nerfedā€¦) The fulani archers double as VILLAGERS when it comes to eating cows! So sending 7 archers first allows you to defend your early TP and fall back and eat cows while waiting for next fight! IMO the 7 fulani archer card is a mandatory card AND i would ALWAYS send it first if I have 8+ cows with 250+ food. It would take TWO MINUTES for 7 archers to eat 8 cows and effectively generating 14.2 food/sec over that 2 minutes; which would be equivalent to having 16!! base villagers eating food for 2 minutesā€¦

IMO its brokenā€¦BUT NOW Iā€™m gonna regret sharing as it will be patched soonā€¦

Have fun with it I guess while we can.

P.S.
7 fulani archers followed by 4 villager shipment eating cows gives you a WINDOW of about 4mins where you can keep up with british eco!! Yes big deal

3 Likes

You can eat cows with Fulani archers as Hausa?

1 Like

Hausa has a very very potent semi ff timing.

BO
All 5 vils on first cow until you gather enough for first villager que. Then transition to herd and build granary. Convert first cow for wood to build a house once your 10th vil is in que (for about 180wood+). Save the excess wood for cow upgrade FIRST NOT granary upgrade first

( 25% on a age 1 .52 food fattening/sec is stronger than 5% on a base .84 hunting food/s.)

Age up 12-13 villagersā€¦ you will be slow at a 3:13 to 3:34 click up to transition to age2. In transition complete your cow upgrade and wood upgrade first followed by the granary. Then collect 250 wood (2 houses and 50 to help batch 10 fulani archers). Collect 380+ food (que 2 villagers and enough food to start queuing 2 fulani archers).

Build the houses in transition as you get enough wood because on age up youā€™ll have a lot to microā€¦

At age 2 que a builder from the tc for 200 influence and along with your free builder build 2 war camps (defensively or offensively depending on matchup). Send 1 villager to collect the 300 wood crates. Send 4 villagers to kill a 300+ food cow. The rest stay on hunt. Send 7 fulani archers as your first age 2 card. Once the fulani archers come in transition the 4 cow villagers to regular hunts and put the 7 fulani archers on eating 300f cows.

After you batch your first 10 fulani archers youā€™ll at least be at 32/40 pop (17 fulani archers!!!). Youā€™ll convert a cow for 300+ wood and another cow for about 300 coin and macro to batch a set of 10 javelin riders (or 10 raiders or 5 and 5 whatever you need!!)

With optimal macro you should be ready to push at 6min 20 secs which about the time most FF would have just click up to age 3, so their unit defenses should be low and you should have about 100 seconds of harassment time before you have to pull back due to age up units and TC pops.

Meanwhile as you push if you intend to follow up to age 3 send 700coin as your 2nd age 2 card if instead you wanna be aggressive then send a unit shipment.

1 Like