Health bar units disappearing

Hi,

for me, healthbars only show when i set my “Gameplay Resoulution Scale” to the same resoulotion as my “Rersolution” in the graphics gettings menu.

Maybe this is the same for you, too?

1 Like

Thanks, it was the same issue!

Hey there, just to follow up, the Healthbars not showing at other resolution scales is a bug that our team is aware of and investigating.

3 Likes

Excellent… I read a lot of people talking about it in other foruns… Please update us if you have some news about it.
Thanks. Good job

Thank you. Looking forward to health bars at 50%!

I tried running at 100% Gameplay Resolution Scale, but the game was laggy at 3840x2160 when lots of units were on the move.

Hi, any news about it?

I have selected “Always On” health bar in Settings.
Playing The Art of War / Basic Combat, no health bars are shown over the units but the health bars are shown over buildings.

None of the options would show the health bar over the units, either mine or enemy.

1 Like

Hey there, can you try changing your Resolution Scale in settings to 100%. Some users mention seeing issues with health bars with non-100% values.

This is correct. I use 4K resolution but scale was set to 50%. When I moved it to 100% the bars appeared.

I hope you fixed this soon.
Rendering in 4K is pretty heavy task for my aging GPU (RX 570 8GB) so will need to tweak settings to find what they need to be to allow at least somewhat acceptable FPS.

I tested quite a lot of settings now.
ImageQ of Low disables most of the settings and HDR too but gives me 60-80 FPS in native 4K rendering and 100% scale. But the graphics are really rough so this is not worth it.

Default settings of Medium, with HDR on and all settings set as game pre-defaults, yields 25-30fps with 4K rendering and 100% scale. This is playable even though it’s choppy. But hey - I got Gold medal in Basic Combat so it’s playable at least for those small skirmishes, purely due to withdrawing units which are low in health.

Sure hope you will fix the bug in future patches, as 50% scale is way better regarding FPS. I tried also 60, 70 and 80% scale and health bars are missing in all of them. Only appear with 100% scale.

Hey devs,
When you play on a lower resolution scale under 100% the healthbar are not shown on units.
Only on start of the game you can see them on the not moving worker.

Please fix this. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey there, this is a known issue our team is working on.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise it was a resolution thing, I thought it was just to do with low graphics settings, which is what I was using and there was no healthbars.

Similarly on low graphics it’s very difficult to tell which units are selected as the unit selection circles often clip through the ground, through foliage or bridges etc.

I have unit healthbars to always show. Yet it doesn’t always show. Even when selected. Sometimes I need to mouseover to see my hp. Really frustrating when you try to micro low hp units…

Several others have reported similar issues.

2 Likes

I got the same probleme, i test all the choice for healthbars units (Always, only selected and smart) but all the time i havent the healthbars showing up, i only have the healthbars of villagers but not on my war units.

2 Likes

Thank you @storm5968 and @Malcomix02! This is one we are aware of, but appreciate the reports!

1 Like

Life bar doesn’t appear above the units, i’ve tried activate the option but even so not work,how can I do it?

Don’t use the option resolution scale to anything less than 100%. This causes HP bars to dissapear. Its a known bug and has been reported many times now. Hopefully its fixed on monday.

If you have any resolution scaling other than 100, the health bars seem to break. They are not displayed even if a unit is wounded and you have “Smart” health bars selected. Setting resolution scaling to 100 makes the bars visible again.