Help! Bad CD-key Error 100

i just bought AOE 3 COMPLETE COLLECTION and i want to create an account multiplayer>es online and always show me this massage Bad CD-key Error 100 what to do plz help .

Are you trying to create an ESO account from the base game or it’s expansions? If you want create an account to play online first you need to launch the original game without expansions and create your player name for your home City, and once you’re done, go to ESO webpage to create your account you must insert you CD Key and PID (Product ID) number and it should work.
I hope this quote from ESO support page might help you solve this issue.

Account Recovery & Ban Inquiries:

Use the ESO account tools from the homepage (www.eso.com) to reset passwords, or change an associated email address. For additional or other assistance, the Product ID (PID) is essential to investigating your ESO account. To find it, start Age of Empires III without any expansions; go to “Help and Tools” and “About”. The PID is listed in the bottom of the screen that appears.

Connections to ESO require legitimate game licenses

so i have erased the game and installed only aoe 3 without the expansions i launched the base game and again the same thing. what else to do? i dont know any ideas ?

Did you registered with your CD key, and PID already on the web?, Try clearing cache on your web browsers, and try to sign up again. If you still have problems creating an account contact **support@ageofempires.com or @jennywaboom for assistance with your problem, I hope this can be helpful.

@EighthPenguin88

Hi,
Might i suggest that you contact the people/person who gave you the product key. You may be able to get a new one because the one you have doesn’t do what it is supposed to do.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

No i dint rigistered the CD key and PID because i can not create an account.i will try to contact with support@ageofempires.com and @jennywaboom to see if i find a solution.This would be my next question if i can contact someone from the support team. Thank you very much for your reply if u have anymore ideas just tell me.

Hello. Same here. I have also bought AOE 3 COMPLETE COLLECTION, I install ONLY the original Game without expansions, and when I’m trying to create an eso account I’m getting the same message Bad CD-key Error [100]. EighthPenguin88 have you managed to get an answer?

no i didnt get any answer get

If you buy the Complete Collection over Steam, you HAVE to start the base game (!) first and activate your account here. Only after that you can start War Chiefs and/or Asian Dynasties and log in with this account! You cannot register an ESO Account with TWC or TAD.

Have a great day.

I’m with the same issue: i just bought AOE 3 COMPLETE COLLECTION and i want to create an account multiplayer>es online and always show me this massage Bad CD-key Error 100 what to do plz help .

@Player267771213 said:
I’m with the same issue: i just bought AOE 3 COMPLETE COLLECTION and i want to create an account multiplayer>es online and always show me this massage Bad CD-key Error 100 what to do plz help .

Did you buy the digital Steam version of the game?

Hello, I am getting the same error message. I bought a brand new version of the game, with a sealed Microsoft label and everything. However, when trying to create a multiplayer account through the game, I receive the error message 100: Bad CD Key. When I use the online tools to sign in to ESOnline and check to see if the CD Key or PIP have an account registered to them, I receive a message stating that there is no Account Linked to This CD Key.

Is there a way I can get this CD Key reset so I can use the game’s multiplayer features? Clearly I am the owner of the game because I have access to the CD Key and PIP. What is going on here?

On a side note, I used to play this game around 10 years ago and had an online account then. I stopped playing and lost the game. Recently got back into it so purchased this copy new, is there anyway to look up my information from that account to link it to this current CD Key?

Thanks to all!

@ManmadeSiren832 Hi, sounds like you bought a physical copy of the game. The remaining physical copies on the market often contain invalid CD keys which can no longer be used to create an online account, therefore it is highly recommended to get the digital Steam version instead. I would advise you to refund your purchase swiftly and get the Steam version in order to obtain a functional key.

In case you do remember your original account credentials from 10 years ago, you should be able to log in to your ESO account as normal. However, I suspect that you forgot them after such a long time.

I am trying to start an ES Online account from the base game but I still get the Bad CD-key error message. I purchased a hard copy from Amazon.

You should refund your copy as soon as possible and buy the digital Steam copy instead.

I’m having the same issue. I sent this mail to support@ageofempires.com and response came from postmaster that this email id doesn’t exist. here’s my mail:

"Hi,

I recently purchased AoE III complete collection from Amazon. For single player game, it is working perfectly. but when I try to register on eso online for multiplayer game, it is giving “Bad CD key error [100]”.

I noticed in forums that this issue is common to all who do not buy from Steam. This is quite unfortunate because if you suspect the validity of CD key from stores like Amazon vendors, then you shouldn’t let them sell your product in the first place. This way users don’t have any other option than Steam. I didn’t know this and now I’m stuck.

Please activate my cd key so that I can play multiplayer games. Let me know what all information you need from me (cd key, product id, etc.).

(Btw, is it safe to send cd key via email???)

Manoj"

Please tell me whom to contact.
Thanks.

Well, as it’s the same issue, I also have the same response for you…
You should refund your copy as soon as possible and buy the digital Steam copy instead.

The support email boxes for AoE3 have all been deleted.