Help with extreme AI - forced to turtle in mp

A normal rush works well, as the AI loves to overreact. As flank, make archers and attack the opposite flank until it starts making skirmishers, then retreat and keep your archers alive to upgrade them to xbow latter. If you have killed some villagers and triggered it to spam like double your numbers in skirmishers, the damage is already done.

Bonus trick: if you are under attack by feudal units from the AI, know that they will retreat the moment you hit castle age. It’s probably because it’s afraid you kill its whole army with knights. But ofc since it just oulls out you have time to do anything you want.

Yes you can try to make archers and run from one opponent to the next with them, just make a bit damage, kill 1 or two vills, then run away.
This might work and you can make a fc boom behind.

You don’t really need to do that as you can just tower rush the pocket ai in feudal (instead of a castle drop) since it has no army in feudal; again easy win, but that’s not how I want to win. ( I limit my early towers to defense purposes only)

Okay i beat this 3 Xs in a row on Arabia (4v4). The strategy is quite simple. Just stone wall your entire base and then castle. They won;t be able to break through stone walls fast enough before castle. Even though I was behind on resources due to using vills to make walls, I castled at around the same time as the enemy flank because I built ZERO military. As soon as I went to castle, then it is a pretty standard Knights/Cav Archers build to victory. The enemy pocket AI did get to Imp way before me, but by that time, I had a pretty good army to deal with his siege. And I play better than the AI in terms of being smart and fighting with ally AI in terms of army composition late game (AI loves to make siege for whatever reason, so have to support them with units so they don’t get crushed), so finished each game around 1 hour game time (on fast speed).

I play against Extreme AI a lot. It’s my way of relaxing. And there are mainly 3 things that can help against it’s knight aggression.

1. Counter units. Pikes or Camels (If you can reach castle age) are my go to. The knights will quickly try to run away when overpowered. Actually, I would say, Just overpowering their forces works well overall, but it’s most effective with counters. Monks work too, but it requires micromanaging.
  2. Walling. Just wall with houses on the front and use palisade of the rest. This will keep at least all units attacking at the same time busy. The enemy will first try to get to your TC. If it can’t it will destroy your houses. And even when it has made a hole, it will keep attacking the houses either to they are destroyed, or until a time has passed, and hopefully you can defend yourself better by then.
  3. Castles and towers. Especially castles. The enemy knights will first come and try to attack, and once they get fired upon by the castle, they turn around because they get overpowered.
1 Like