Herbal Medicine in Feudal Age

Okay, let’s move it to the market

@Arpheus2 Thank you : )

It doesn’t depend on the strategy, it’s just dumb.
You askijg to commit gold on a useless tech instead of going castle to heal units that shouldn’t be healed

I’m sorry, but all of your proposal seems to be linked somehow to your strat. You brought it up so many times that people will always think it’s all about buffing it somewhat.

And I’m sorry that you hate people joking about your strat, but it’s really bad and it’s normal for people to joke about it. Go ahead if you want to play it, but there’s a reason if what you do is not meta

While some people talk about how useless herbal medicine is hera just posted a new video about how great it is - the intro already tells a lot.
I watched it now and here a few mentions from him while playing the game:

• “Herbal medicine is just too strong” (29:52)
  • “Herbal medicine is really really good for me” (31:02)

He definitely enjoyed the tech. More obvious were his mentions how OP Mangudai is.

1 Like

the intro part is in imp with him having already over 20 mangudai. No one is arguing that the tech doesn’t have it’s useful situations but that feudal age is definitely not one of them. Even if it was 175 gold and researched instantly and have good micro to pull your units back at the right time. you would need to have at least 3 man at arms or archers on low hp and still waste a lot of time getting them back to your tc healing them up and taking them back to your enemy. If by some miracle he doesn’t have any units by then or not up to castle than you have achieved a worse version of just making 3 more man at arms. Unless you plan on going for crossbows i don’t see any point to researching this and healing your units in feudal. Man at arms will be useless once castle age is in (unless it’s the rare ocassion you go for longswords) so you haven’t really saved any resources by healing them they will accomplish nothing against castle age units, so the only unit that seems worth while if we halve the price and make the research time instant is archers and you would need to have more than 3-4 for it to barely pay off

In this video Hera has like a lot more than 3 fuedal units he’s trying to heal. He’s also got a very expensive unit the mangudai, fuedal units are all cheap half the cost with still less cost of gold than mangudai. Hera has already got to castle age/imp he is not delaying his progression of eco or military advancement by teching herbel medicine. He is using it in the most situational of situations which seems to always be the case with this tech. Herbal medicine is useless most of time and not useless for that odd game where it is situationally good. Every reason for teching it in fuedal has no comparison to the grounds that Hera used it on so much so that this video has zero relevance to the proposed fuedal situation presented here.

That is true. The reason I posted it was simply to give an example that the tech in itself is not useless. I think it is not needed to get herbal medicine in feudal but I also wouldn’t mind if it was - but only if it is a good implementation which makes sense.

2 Likes

I havent seen any good argument why this tech should move to feudal age and maybe even to another building.

As i already said, the tech is very situational at best. It’s good if you need to heal up fast very costly units (like mangudai, paladins, catas, boyars and so on) IN THE LATE GAME. There’s a reason it’s not commonly used. As fair as i remember it has been used just one time in tournament by Viper in a Mongolia game. Calling it situational is an overstatement.
It’s a useless tech in every other situation, and most certainly would be useless in feudal

1 Like

I’ve played like 2000-3000 games yesterday was the first game I actually got it teched. Was using mangudai in imp out of gold