Hi Devs: Please Remove Muslim Boars on Mini-Map & Delhi Cattle Note

• (1) Please, it would be nice on the mini map if the bright boar symbol was not there for players when using Abbasid, Delhi, Mali, or Ottoman. It is distracting and I cannot eat them. I kill them sometimes just to get them off my mini-map when I am looking for the remaining dear. (But this eliminates them from my allies being able to eat them actually). Can we just have them not show up on the mini-map? Like wolves. Perhaps, instead of white, they can be a softer color like gray. The berries are hard to see but meanwhile the boar is too big and bright.
  • (2) Totally unrelated and unimportant. Occasionally an ally is able to kill and eat Malian cattle. Perhaps Delhi should not be able to do this due to their Hindu element. No one cares I am sure, just a thought.

Thanks for reading.

I highly disagree on this statement. Even if u can’t harvest from the boar, it is essential to know where ur opponent might harvest from the boar. Many strategies place a tc next to a boar for a very strong early boost in food eco. Which also makes it one of the most vurnable positions to attack ur enemy.

8 Likes

Well, I was going to drop it, because the above is a good point.

However…

Reddit about FoW and deer & boar compared to sheep and boars

Basically that thread predicts the devs will adjust this because they observed you do not see the change in berries or gold until you revisit an area in the FoW. Also that sheep and wolves (valuable to Rus) do not show up on the minimap.

I would only add that for consistency, if the minimap shows units that you cannot use, but your enemy can, then it would show wolves. And there would be a symbol for sheep and shore fish perhaps?

But, nonetheless, I retract my original stance, due to the above statement. Do wish the boar symbol would be more subtle gray icon (like the soft green berries icon) than the huge white one. Suppose the minimap is just hard to see anyway.

FWIW, I eat the boar voraciously when I am not Muslim or English. People do not take advantage of the boar enough it seems.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Muslim population didn’t mind the beef. On that note, the Hindu population wasn’t prohibited from eating pork, so the situation is a bit complicated for an empire that mainly ruled over a population with a wide range of religions and beliefs. But considering that the leadership was mainly Muslim, it’s assumed that the Islamic laws were more dominant.

1 Like

Delhi sultanate do eat cow since they’re muslim and not hindu.

1 Like