Historical Battles wishlist

It would be interesting,but we know that they will only be historical battles: possibly they will be Waterloo,probably playing with the Duke of Wellington and with Spain, the Coronado’s expedition is interesting since it could be Spanish against Lakotas,with the Dutch it may be the siege of Hulst of 1645 (in fact @Troteck already made a historical battle of that) and it would already be something,because the Dutch are the only ones who do not appear in the campaign or in the historical battles,of Portugal we already have 2 historic battles,so it can not be,and with the Germans you can do the Battle of Lützen (1632) playing with Swedes under the command of Gustavus Adolphus II against Wallenstein’s troops…

1 Like

They could (have to) do an event about the 1st circumnavigation around the world (1519-1522), demonstrating that the Earth is a globe empirically. They could add a scenario in philippines (Battle of Mactán) too

1 Like

The Portuguese intervention in Ethiopia was news to many players when they first played it. In fact that was the case for the majority of the historical battles including the new African Royals historical battles. They provide a chance for players to learn something new. I certainly never knew anything about the Battle of Chuvash Cape but I’m glad I had a chance to learn.

The history of the Americas was the primary focus of AOE3 yet it was barely covered in single-player. Sandy Petersen’s greatest mistake. The historical battles are a perfect opportunity to rectify that.

At any rate, the Northwest Rebellion and Pontiac’s War are prime material for single player missions.

2 Likes

Yes,but who do you put as an enemy of Magellan?..

Of historical battles I would like the battle of Boyacá and the battle of Cartagena de Indias.

… And a full Napoleonic era campaign just like old times.

3 Likes

Of course,that’s why I say not to overuse civs that are already in the historical battles,unless they are very important battles of the period,like the ones I said above,and use instead the new civs of the DE (Incas and Swedes) or the European ones that have not been used so far (Dutch and Germans)…

1 Like

Yes,but the problem is that the devs are a small team,they have a budget and limited times…and the battle of boyaca would already be represented in the Bolivar’s Revolt of the Steel campaign…

All excellent ideas. Especially the Battle of Boyaca and the Battle of Cartagena.

The Napoleonic Wars would be great too but I feel like I’ve had my fill from Napoleon Total War and it might be difficult to do the battles justice with the small unit count of AOE3.

For the battle of Mectán they can make some tricky things with indonesians (its the nearest one in game) as a civ made for the scenario or something like that. They are devs.
About the event, something like the others we have had related to Spain and maybe Portugal (Magellan was from there, thats all)

1 Like

They can always increase the capacity to create civilians and military up to more than 500 of them…

it may be,but that event would have to be at the beginning of September 2022,which is when Elcano arrived to Spain 500 years ago…

2 Likes

The Two Sieges of Diu could also be cool to have. Those battles pitched Portuguese against Ottomans, with Indians shifting sides in each battle. Plus it would be a combined naval and land operation.

4 Likes

Yes,it would be interesting although a bit messy between so much change of side…

Battle of Guararapes. Dutch vs Brazilians and Portuguese

2 Likes

BTW most historical battles are in America or Africa, and we already have five acts of very America-focused campaigns.

Maybe consider some new theatres for later updates?

1 Like

NORTH America, the Southern part of the continent was barely touched.

3 Likes

y cuando dices apenas es apenas ya que la batalla del caribe es casi en america central xd

I think I want to create the siege of Cartagena in coop for the next update it might be interesting.

3 Likes

would be a bit hard making the siege of carthage in aoe 3 just saying.

Moroccans vs Songhai (re-used Hausa with some miner adjustments)

Spanish vs Incas (Could be interesting to be involved form the spanish side)

1 Like