Hotkeys numbers

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:**Version 101.102.15522.0 - Compilation ID 10944061
  • **GAME PLATFORM:**Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I have configured all the barracks in number 3, all the galleries in 4, stables in 5, castles in 6, workshops in 7, monasteries in 8 and docks in 9.

None of them works. The sound of you selecting the buildings works but the selection itself does not occur.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Set the “select all barracks” hotkey to number 3 (or any number) without any other key (neither ctrl nor alt nor any)

2. Start the game and build several barracks.

3. Try to press the hotkey.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Touching a number hotkey causes all buildings of the same type to be selected and usable.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

3 Likes

Hi @Elcubanoide
The problem is these numbers clash with control groups since the last update. It was possible before the update, but not anymore :frowning:

2 Likes

Yep exact same problem for me its super annoying,hope they fix it fast

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. I use 4 for all Barracks, 5 for all Galleries and 6 for all Stables and non of them works. I hear how they are selected but I cant create units and it doenst appear anything on the Building panel.

Please repair ir soon! Greets

I’m afraid there won’t be a “fix” for this, the way the hotkeys work has changed therefore it’s not gonna be possible to use numbers as hotkeys again just for control groups. Sorry for the inconveniences :frowning:

did they say the reason why they must make this change?

its worked like that since age of empire 2 DE was out(4 years) honestly i cant play since last maj coz of this change i just uninstall the game waiting they make it back

honestly not sure why “uninstalling the game” would work as a threat/pressure. if they see the number of people in vast minority, they wouldn’t bother reversing this at all.

your best bet is to make sure players and community realizes that they just up and changed something that has been working for last 4 years and without notice, plaster it all over reddit or youtube or w/e social platform you can find to apply some pressure in hopes they reverse this, or fix it.