How 2 player at different pace face each other?

I name it twich.
Write command in chat → comand executed, is it how twich works :smiley:

You know what that is? It is a modified “A-Move”.
In Sc2 there was a time where the players and devs discussed the a-move priority of thors to shoot air over attacking ground targets.

In RTS you can always let AI fight (a-move) or take over the control and micro (which results in most cases with a better outcome). This is nothing new or a solution to your made up problem. Your problem was faster vs slower people while this system still does not close this gap. Someone who microes their units will be better than the AI person. If not the game is rigged and there is no reason in playing as a perosn because the AI would do it faster and better anyways (Stalker blink bot for example). Pointless to play then.

Your example game isj ust using modified “a-moves” where you can supposedly modifiy the priority instead of it being decided by the game (like in other RTS).

You guys keep suggesting MMR or ranking but @Spyken1 does not want just a ranking system, they want a system where the slower player gets pushed to the level of the faster player automatically which defeats the purpose of competition. It is not about finding an even match but to make or rather force uneven matches even which baffles me.

Yeah I would have zero interest in a game that did that. Half of enjoying a game for me is improving and outplaying an opponent/AI. It’d be like giving low rank call of duty players aimbot so they could cheat against better players.

1 Like

One of the weirdess thread i have never read in my life!

Peaple with low pace will play FFA/scenard/casu game with each other and competitive players will play with other competitive players.

You don’t need 200+ apm to enjoy sc2, you need 200apm+ to be competitive, but sc2 have a great campain you can enjoy with 0.5 apm. If you expect to be competitive with you 0.5 apm… nobody can’t help you. If you want to be good at something, improve, don’t ask to handicaped others ^^

4 Likes

Yeah exactly. I think people tend to overestimate apm. I’ve lost to players with half my apm and beat players with twice my apm. If you are making better choices than your opponent it wont matter if they are clicking twice as fast as you.

Was not thinking of giving players a full ai, was more thinking of giving players the hability to build up pre-made ai command, that players can assemble in advance.

It will level up players that are low paced, but still be equal for fast paced players, since they would also have access to it.

Istrolid is a perfect example of how to code a ai unit in a rts game, that alow slow pace player to be equal whit a higth pace player.

I will only be a addition to the main game and i am sure people will like it.

Try istrolid, it is free, and give back a litle feedback.

(By the way, dont worry, prety sure it is a impossible task to implement in age of empire 4, way to late. Will surely be the normal match making that every one know, maybe. Only at lunch we will realy know what developper had in mind, maybe in aoe5, who know)

That sounds like a fun game, I might try it later. But, by your description of it, it’s just a different style of game.
In AoE series, both macro (strategy) and micro are important, and most people here like it as it is: as others have pointed out, you can outplay a faster opponent by making better decisions, but only up to a point. It doesn’t matter if you make the best decisions ever, if you take the whole day to make them. People want to finish that match and move on to the next.

The only solution I see for your problem is to completely change the mechanics in a way that pretty much everything is automated, and only very general decisions actually matter, so you don’t have to manage anything that will overwhelm the slowest people when it comes to taking action. It’s probably not easy making a game that plays like that while also being very engaging, but probably not impossible either.
It just won’t be an Age of Empires game.

1 Like

It seems you want a turn based game, not a RTS.

3 Likes

Yes, i will still keep being a age of empire game.

It will be a hadd on, for online ranked play and other game play.

Each players will have his own comstum ai to assist him.

It will make a bether experience for every one.

Like this, the game can keep being a rts, players can keep playing at their own pace speed and avoid turning age of empire 4 into a turn base game.

I tell you, go try playing istrolid.

Not realy, maybe more having a assist ai that you can drag code.

Go play astrolid a litle, its free on steam and it will give you a bether idea of what i am talking about.

Game will stay a rts, and wont become turn base.